Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Hos do i report a suspected email hacking

Contributor

Hos do i report a suspected email hacking

I received an email from TCF BANK telling me my online banking account has been suspended.  Please, reactivate your banking account.  Then it had this:  Sign In underlined and in blue print.  I do not have an online banking account with this organization and feel they are trying to retrieve information.  Please advise what I should do, who this should be reported to and how>

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Re: Hos do i report a suspected email hacking

Try forwarding the e-mail to abuse or spam at the tcfbank.com domain. Most places have e-mail address like that. I get those too. Does not get caught by the SPAM filter.

Service Expert

RustyJC wrote:

I received an email from TCF BANK telling me my online banking account has been suspended.  Please, reactivate your banking account.  Then it had this:  Sign In underlined and in blue print.  I do not have an online banking account with this organization and feel they are trying to retrieve information.  Please advise what I should do, who this should be reported to and how>

Thank you.

This is from TCF Bank's website:

Any email claiming to be from TCF Bank that asks for customer information should be forwarded to emailfraud@tcfbank.com immediately. Delete the email after it has been forwarded to us.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you for your response.  I have forwarded this email per you instructions.  I appreciate your assistance.

Contributor

Thanks. TCF bank gave me an email address to forward it to. Appreciate your response.
Contributor

TCF gave me a fraud email address to forward it to.