Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Help deleting all trash

New Poster

Help deleting all trash

How can I cancel all messages in my trash?  It won't let me when I select ALL - I get an error message.

New Poster

delete emails, empty trash

Today I am unable to delete emails from the Xfinity web mail. I get the message "This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first."
However, something's wrong with the server, apparently. When I empty the trash it says the messages were successfully deleted, but then they come back.and are still visible (crossed out). And deleting from my inbox fails with the above message.

Frequent Visitor

Delete Email Problem

I am now using the new Xfinity email system and I am having problems deleting emails.

I do a search for a specific word in "All Folders" and they system displays the emails I have that match those words.  The following are the problems I am having trying to delete mutlipule emails:

1 - It doesn't tell me what folder they are being found in.

2 - If I select ALL so I can delete ALL the emails that were found from the matching words I get an error message if it trys to delete from the inbox and trash at the same time.  Here is the error message:   "ERROR, this message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.  In that case please try to empty your deleted items first or delete smaller messages first."

- - - - my email is only 23% full.

- - - - there are only 24 messages in the Trash bin.

- - - - the search is only finding 9 emails that match the words I am searching for..

Thanks...Jeffrey...

Contributor

Re: Delete Email Problem

nascar_24 wrote:

I am now using the new Xfinity email system and I am having problems deleting emails.

I do a search for a specific word in "All Folders" and they system displays the emails I have that match those words.  The following are the problems I am having trying to delete mutlipule emails:

1 - It doesn't tell me what folder they are being found in.

2 - If I select ALL so I can delete ALL the emails that were found from the matching words I get an error message if it trys to delete from the inbox and trash at the same time.  Here is the error message:   "ERROR, this message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.  In that case please try to empty your deleted items first or delete smaller messages first."

- - - - my email is only 23% full.

- - - - there are only 24 messages in the Trash bin.

- - - - the search is only finding 9 emails that match the words I am searching for..

Thanks...Jeffrey...

I'm having the same problem deleteing emails. I only have 7 emails in my inbox, none in my trash, none in my SPAM and I get the same message.

New Poster

deleting emails

When I go to delete emails, it tells me I cannot because my trash is too full. I delete trash daily. Why am I getting this message and what do I do about it.

New Poster

email

When trying to open a folder this error message comes up.

Error
An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
When I try to delete an email another error message comes up.

Error
This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

Something is wrong with the server, apparently. When I empty the trash it says the messages were successfully deleted, but then they come back and are still visible (crossed out). And deleting from my inbox fails with the above message.

Also, tried sending myself an email from a google account and never received it.How will I even know when someone replies to this when I don't recieve my emails? What can I do?

Regular Visitor

email trash delete with new format

With my old email format, items placed in trash were automatically removed. Now that you have replaced the old format with this new email format; emails sent to the trast are retained. When I try to delete the old emails that I sent to the trash, they appear to clear however when I try to remove new emails to trash; a statement comes up saying "trash is full". When I go trash, all the emails, I try to remove have come back with a line through them, but are still there. How can I clear the trash permanately or return to the old (and much better!!!) format?

New Poster

Re: delete emails, empty trash

The exact same thing started to happen to me with my e-mails today.  Any luck on resolving this issue.  Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions.  Thank you!

New Poster

Re: delete emails, empty trash

Try now ... seems to be fixed at my end ... PTL!!!

New Poster

Re: email trash delete with new format

I was having this same problem all day ... Try it now ... seems to be ok now for me.  Best of Luck!

Service Expert

Re: email

r.koldan wrote:

When trying to open a folder this error message comes up.

Error
An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
When I try to delete an email another error message comes up.

Error
This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

Something is wrong with the server, apparently. When I empty the trash it says the messages were successfully deleted, but then they come back and are still visible (crossed out). And deleting from my inbox fails with the above message.

Also, tried sending myself an email from a google account and never received it.How will I even know when someone replies to this when I don't recieve my emails? What can I do?

Other Users were reporting similar issues but as of 0400 EST, it was working correctly for me..... What happens when you try now?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: deleting emails

daune1939 wrote:

When I go to delete emails, it tells me I cannot because my trash is too full. I delete trash daily. Why am I getting this message and what do I do about it.

Try again, the glitch seems to have been fixed.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Service Expert

Re: Help deleting all trash

Stmpr38 wrote:

How can I cancel all messages in my trash?  It won't let me when I select ALL - I get an error message.

Try again.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

I couldn't access my email through Xfinity numerous times yesterday.  When it did open, I'd sit staring at a white screen before finally getting a message that the server wasn't responding.  This was not a once day problem.  It happens every day now, and with increasing frequency.  This is improvement?  I'd get a message stating that my mailbox was almost full, and to delete messages.  Well, the program wouldn't let me delete any messages in order to free up space.  Yes, I can access my email through Thunderbird, but I don't want to have to have open another program when the idea is to access through Xfinity through a browser.  This is really unfortunate lack of customer service and was seriously ill thought through or developed before launching.

Regular Visitor

email will not transfer to trash bin

email will not transfer to trash bin

Email Expert

Re: email will not transfer to trash bin

How did you try to move it?  Drag and drop, or using the Move folder icon in the toolbar, or using the delete button or what?  Exactly what happens when you try?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

aft reading message--click on move to trash ,message pops up stating trash is full--click on empty trash --message shows trash is empty--try to move next message to trash--same thing happens as before and previous message that was sent to trash,reappears in email

Email Expert

OK I'm merging this thread with another one in progress on the same subject, but I'm also going to escalate it to the forum admins for follow up as I'm seeing a sudden rash of this behavior.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

deleting large groups of emails

I am trying to delete large groups of emails, and I continue to get the message:

"Error-This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full. In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first." I empty the trash regularly, so there is nothing in the trash. Any idea what I can do to get these messages into the trash? I have treid deleeting only a handlful of messages at the saem time, but I still get this message more often than not. Thansk. 

New Poster

I have the same issue.  When I try to do a bulk delete I get the following message:

"This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full. In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first."

My Trash folder is empty so this makes no sense. Its telling me to delete items which is precisely what I'm trying to do.

Email Expert

I have reported this phenomena to Comcast.  Yesterday I had something similar happen.  I tried to delete about 8 or 10 messages in the Inbox, and when I clicked on the trash can icon in the toolbar, all that happened was that the selected messages went from blue to being grayed out.  They would not delete. I was using Chrome.   Time for a little experimenting--------------I'm on a Mac, so I tried the same thing using Safari and it worked just as it should.  I tried again using Firefox and it worked there too.  So I went back into Chrome, and opened an "incognito" browsing window, and I was able to delete normally with the toolbar icon.  However, using the Move button in the toolbar also worked.

This morning I fired up Chrome again and the problem had fixed itself and right now it works as it should.  So I'm thinking this is a browser issue.  So for any of you in this thread, try using  a private browsing window, the Move icon in the toolbar, or try with a different browser than what you're using right now.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Admin1

Hello All -- Apologies for the issues with moving emails to Trash or deleting Trash. The recommendation for this is to try different browsers and clear Cache & Cookies. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

I have the same problem. I have tried different browswers. I have also cleared my cache and cookies. None of those options worked.

Admin1

Hello All -- You can also try using Xfinity Connect App to move email to trash bin. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Email Expert

ComcastZack---------------does anyone on the email team have a handle on why all these people are getting this strange error message about their Trash folders being full?  After all, the email is supposed to be auto-deleted after 7 days anyway--------right?  Unless they have 10 Gb worth of junk in that folder, (I don't think that's possible) how could it ever be "full"?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Admin1

Latoque -- We have to look at each case on an individual basis to find out why. We've found that by using different browsers, clearing Cache & Cookies, or using Connect App instead of email browser will typically resolve this. Anything else needs further diagnostics. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Zach - I'm having the same problems as many others - cannot delete email from comcast/xfinity email.  I've taken all of the suggested steps - browser, cache, cookies, empty trash, incognito, and even the Xfinity connect app and connecting with Windows live Mail.  

With Windows Live Mail - the email I want/need deleted is gone.  

However in Comcast/Xfinity email - the email (1) still appears.  Other items will now move to trash and can be deleted and our "inbox" appears to be working again.

I have one email message from Encrypted Message Exchange that will not delete.  Appears to have been successfully deleted using Windows Live Mail - connecting to my Comcast account.  

I've call Comcast and those personnel had no idea how to help and were not willing to esclate to the proper department.  Personally don't think they understood the real problem and knew where to move my call to.  Not sure they knew what a "server" was.  

Anyway - turning to this forum for some help.  Thanks, Lobo

New Poster

tried three different browsers, also cleared cache and cookies. and caant get rid of emails from 12/13/16 and 12/16/16

Admin1

t2watson & dansr29 -- Since none of the standard troubleshooting have worked I have opened support tickets for each of you. A support agent will work through each of your accounts to clear this deletion problem. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Admin1

t2watson & dansr29 -- Our support team worked through your email issue and have marked your support tickets as Resolved. Can you both confirm your email issue is now fixed?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

How do I delete the trash emails? System will not function with normal commands.

Email Expert

Right-click on the Trash folder, and you should see the option to Empty Trash.  Does that not work?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon