Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Help, Some pages will not load correctly

Regular Contributor

Help, Some pages will not load correctly

So as of late, I can not get certain things to load on my computer.  For instance, I go to Yahoo, logon, check my email, but it will not allow me to go into 'My Yahoo'.  Another, Gas buddy, will load, but not the map with gas stations and prices, says Opps, Java something error.  i've gone into Java, it's updated etc, and all seems in order.  This happens with IE and Edge, and it was working fine until a week ago.  Possibly quit after Windows 10 update?  I don't run Windows Defender, I run Webroot, and I've tried turning it off.  I've reset Modem, Router.

So, what else can I do, or supply that one of you smart helpers could help. me. 

Thanks

Email Expert

Re: Help, Some pages will not load correctly

Did you try clearing browsing history in either Edge or IE and then restarting it in a fresh session?  You could also try with Firefox or Chrome to see if the same thing happens.  What you are describing sure sounds like a typical browser problem.  I just tried using Chrome on my Mac with Gas Buddy, and everything seems to load just fine.  I did the same on my Windows 10 laptop with IE-11 and Edge.  Again it works OK.  Everything I clicked on loaded as it should.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Yes, I tried clearing everything.  Will not work in IE, Edge, Or Chrome.  Here is the link, it's supposed to show map, then all the gas stations show up with their prices.

http://www.theindychannel.com/gas-prices

Instead I get this.  I've removed and reinstalld Java as well

Gas Prices.JPG
Email Expert

OK using the link you posted I get the same thing on the Mac with Chrome.  Try using a different URL, like this-----------------

https://www.gasbuddy.com/

The one you posted looks like it's from a local news station?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I can get GasBuddy link to work in IE.  I still have issues getting My Yahoo to work (it's a personalized page).  I think all the PC Gods are telling me to dump IE for good.  I mostly use Chrome anyway, and started using Edge.