Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Has anyone found a way to create a whitelist?

New Poster

I can't even get email from my wife's yahoo account, it doesn't show up in the spam filters and there doesn't appear to be any way to create a whitelist. Comcast is just blocking the domain. This appears to have been going on with Comcast for many years. Who knows how much other mail I'm not getting because Comcast just blocks mail and doesn't give me a choice?

Email Expert

Re: Has anyone found a way to create a whitelist?

Comcast email does not support any "whitelist"  per se.  You have a Safe List available, but if you turn it on you will only get emails from addresses you put on that list.  Nothing else will get through.  You can call Comcast security to see if there is a blocking issue for a particular sender or domain here-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Just to add------I can recieve emails from senders with the Yahoo domain with no problems.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Has anyone found a way to create a whitelist?

misterb1 wrote: I can't even get email from my wife's yahoo account ... Comcast is just blocking the domain ...

Is the Yahoo sender is getting a "Mail server for 'comcast.net' unreachable for too long" bounce message? If they are, the message is misleading. It really should say:

Here at Yahoo we are incompetent when it comes to controlling spam. Comcast is sick of it, and they blocked the mailserver we tried to use to deliver your email. But we don't like to admit our incompetence in this error message, so we're going with 'unreachable for too long' instead.

The best summary of this many-years-old problem I know of is this post by "steve-baker": http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/emails-being-bounced-back-to-sender/m-p....

I'm sorry, but I don't know of any way to avoid the problem, only to work around it. To avoid it, you'd have to either persuade Yahoo to send less spam to Comcast, or persuade Comcast to accept more spam from Yahoo.

You might get temporary relief contacting Comcast Security Assurance at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.