New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

HELP ... Not receiving email messages from particular Yahoo Group

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

HELP ... Not receiving email messages from particular Yahoo Group

Ever since the evening of 3/26 every member of my Yahoo Group with an email address from Comcast.net has not been able to reliably receive messages from the group. Out of over 40 emails since then, we've received 4 (2 on 4/1 and 2 this morning).

There are no error messages involved, there are just no emails in our inboxes. Yahoo does not indicate that any of the messages have "bounced". The messages are not in my spam folder (in fact, the first Comcast "helper" i worked with had me turn off the spam filter in Comcast,net)

Oddly, I (and the others) can receive messages from other Yahoo Groups that we are members of, just not ours: SoundOfNewEngland

I was on the phone with Comcast for 2.5 HOURS on 4/3 and was basically told that since I could receive a test message from Comcast that the error must be with Yahoo!   After contacting Yahoo, I was told that since others in the group can receive the messages, that the error must be with Comcast. <sigh>

The last email I got from Yahoo said that Comcast would need to add Yahoo info into the Comcast whitelist.

I told this to a Comcast technician during a help chat on 4/5 ... and she told me to fill out this form: 

http://www.comcastsupport.com/sdcxuser/asp/comcast_blockedprovider.asp

I did that even tho the issue is that the Yahoo Group's messages were being blocked and I didn't have an IP address for those, but I could provide the domain name:  yahoogroups.com

I tried to put the info that Yahoo Groups gave me for the whitelist, but the description is limited to 1024 characters Smiley Sad  Needless to say, I have not received a resonse from Comcast within 24 hours of posting the form Smiley Sad

Here is the info from Yahoo!:

"Since you have already reviewed your settings, and confirmed that the emails are not landing in your spam folder, you will need to follow up with your email provider again, since it appears that they are dropping emails from the group. Email providers generally do this because they think a message is spam, and they are particularly likely to use this approach with bulk messages coming from an email list.

If you have not done so already, you can provide them with the following link:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ygmailadmin/

There, they can find a current list of all of our outgoing email servers for white listing.

They can also contact the owner of this official Yahoo! Group, for further assistance in troubleshooting this issue, by sending an email to:

ygmailadmin-owner@yahoogroups.com   

However, if your email provider continues to fail to deliver your Yahoo! Group messages, we strongly suggest you consider changing your email provider to another provider who will. This doesn't necessarily mean you need to change your ISP. You can also use a free Web-based email service like Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail while retaining your current ISP."

If it helps, the Yahoo incident # is: 120402-011733

It's not a big group, only 86 members. All together we generate maybe 100 messages a month ... not even close to being considered spam.  Most of the members are older and not comfortable with new technology. Asking them to create new emails is not an option.  This group is our primary means of communicating with each other, so the sooner we get this resolved, the less stress for my members!

I'm sorry for the length of this message, i'm just trying to provide all the detail i can. 

I hope you can help.

Thanks,

Carol

Accepted Solution

Re: HELP ... Not receiving email messages from particular Yahoo Group

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

more info:

I usually get my mail using Outlook, but the messages are not there when I view them directly on Comcast.net either ....  I'm using Chrome for a browser and have VISTA for my OS

Here's a message header from the most recent email sent to the group that I did not receive (i will xxx out the email addresses) at my Comcast address but DID receive at my Yahoo address:

From Eileen Fri Apr 6 11:56:17 2012
X-Apparently-To: sxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com via 72.30.239.82; Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:56:22 -0700
Return-Path: <sentto-512785-10246-1333738581-sxxxxxxx1=yahoo.com@returns.groups.yahoo.com>
Received-SPF: none (domain of returns.groups.yahoo.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
bzpwPjwvc3Bhbj48L2ZvbnQ.CgogPC9vOnA.PC9zcGFuPjwvZm9udD4KCiAg
SWYgd2UgaGF2ZW50IHNlZW4geW91IGluIHlvdXIgdHdvIHBpZWNlCmJsdWUg
b3V0Zml0LCB5b3VyIGJsdWUgY2hva2VyIGFuZCBlYXJyaW5ncyBhbmQgeW91
ciBzaWx2ZXIgc2hvZXMsIHBsZWFzZSBjb21lCnNlZSB1cyBuZXh0IFR1ZXNk
YXkuICBPdXIgc2hvdyBpcyBmYXN0IGFwcHJvYWNoaW5nIGFuZAEwAQEBAQ--
X-YMailISG: e3e1T3cWLDu.Osw7OOZubcQqoSFUnmYIENQDkbvkbj.f1YSG
jeAsGCF.2eVO0JR1Ont3IrpMUmJCMBHXwJV6tuJpHB5.LPn7VwqkcfADDoed
JOpt.3LNoYA23EaFa_OUJb0doF5L55CZJKrWyKutYx3q1ycssiBzIPYq1YRq
M6NG_VY0ImWBg704ufqziQ.3Y1dS6xtLcUrzsWfqrlj_a8X752hy7fRfHOOI
OL03MhCTHdMXCd81eu4z36yWv5gYdqwWLvmSjxmXWez67MS5YnOOLiQE2vvJ
kZqaHBfyJgJvY5boLHYBm5dzwq1b5ymrD.XjqipzCyn.Ly3e_9XMgLO1.d0n
Zq3qDhV49SvAEuOO4RxU0DXCdJw5gdQfC0qFyPvguMpUd_6Assu__D2Sb7v_
.Dk1RzStQW2dWjZKZyrAJi8ixfshB9l6JyfbGTI8TjohFgWkbylHw.qPQ7eT
CB4.S7zJ81hwssFjfk1A2PS4qZo_dlP6j1VkohVKlVx07Q2hOk2BEAl4FdN.
ltjgDcrFVVz4Ue9Uznv2lzPNjXDqna.BA9cJtVWWRMLUhDN9pLG7CYHmgm_l
G_4.FHji7x8NuZLgOZKW__lQsWoLLBfZQCEgbsAUyghT7RA9L31QPL2BZcMF
4nJkstskat7oY244L9yxqA_n.3z_qZjaK9zjqUClMD8FI7QcYvfTq3eXDNPb
odKsaHP8iUUMrnDaKMh6RE9RmtQx399fT59iDM2djhFiwZMON5570vs4vKTx
nkJkR_ls_6j85AFGBHxsNd5nBOI0o241qOczrttmahzI08LSCcIH17eaZImm
9FYLJK606YV9wnY7xA9QAiMfhs7VYi4JSiby6zfpEL9cZwC3XCPW2.8nwiZR
0BvvZ47rDEzGPJR.kawsSssoqK9xg1ar8zd4O46i_VXvQSMkrlm5PWtAEIGp
fcVzHsllXBltFn2hqGHPPIKTBqUcQ7jkNbchUQnuYQ3ecbyfd0QnFBl7ufL2
PrzOKX09XggZs0OUt8iQQtmgE3Zjn8FGw.cyh3eoCNcRoFf9QaPyKTRegA.e
miJ3O3jckBWROX_kE0Smh9VcVAFLRkZu93BSNDpWsnwp3VqaPxmAVOpsrEPf
uBEqtMr9RwxD.n8JmAzItxKht0GzNI5Bwf1eK3gerM7bZRxk3lppAmMBWv06
IrfCL9_EJnFGcGy_lYsz77DGDktIBXCqb_IAx4dVAoTySc700TnINLEQxkVH
Y32iGH8-
X-Originating-IP: [98.139.165.5]
Authentication-Results: mta1260.mail.ac4.yahoo.com from=yahoogroups.com; domainkeys=pass (ok); from=yahoogroups.com; dkim=pass (ok)
Received: from 127.0.0.1 (HELO ng2-ip9.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com) (98.139.165.5)
by mta1260.mail.ac4.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:56:22 -0700
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1333738582; bh=sG8gHMXUATS8FPacoEmQj76vBTuNbmLCXaXWAAi6isw=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-IronPort-AV:X-Received:X-Received:To:Cc:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:Message-ID:Accept-Language:Content-Language:X-MS-Has-Attach:X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:acceptlanguage:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List: Delivered-To:List-Id: Precedence:List-Unsubscribe: Date:Subject:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Rm1y/6pBXsTuRSaDcXiCTVvq2gag2bxCn33QtzJ758CZ+3HKtQKe+XN6lTdZpP+/vDm8tdDSIdtzb9KhdtvVWcJXijUMLCdwNCBpJGVkKxX14dHjh2y/SRJ+4lHzbXvh
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com;
b=LDjKTTQnA7I/VM4aeY0zRYwkr8NkUMk8LYaBXfnp3GE2q15fsiVZ5fdkeGROAluMK5ybf06af+JzduWb03vJAnmi71j5m0l5bFNZjgBsy0u55hLT6nXABUubEMgRR51M;
Received: from [98.139.164.120] by ng2.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 06 Apr 2012 18:56:22 -0000
Received: from [98.137.34.40] by tg1.bullet.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with NNFMP; 06 Apr 2012 18:56:22 -0000
X-Yahoo-Newman-Id: 512785-m10246
X-Sender: Exxxxxxxx@bmchp.org
X-Apparently-To: soundxxxxxxxx@yahoogroups.com
X-Received: (qmail 48751 invoked from network); 6 Apr 2012 18:56:20 -0000
X-Received: from unknown (98.137.34.45)
by m4.grp.sp2.yahoo.com with QMQP; 6 Apr 2012 18:56:20 -0000
X-Received: from unknown (HELO mail02.bmchp.org) (216.57.136.41)
by mta2.grp.sp2.yahoo.com with SMTP; 6 Apr 2012 18:56:20 -0000
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="4.75,382,1330923600"; 
d="scan'208,217";a="146119"
X-Received: from excahtp1.bmchp.org (HELO EXCAHTP1.healthnet.org) ([172.16.100.21])
by mail02.bmchp.org with ESMTP; 06 Apr 2012 14:56:19 -0400
X-Received: from EXMBCL1.healthnet.org ([169.254.1.124]) by
EXCAHTP1.healthnet.org ([::1]) with mapi; Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:56:19 -0400
To: "'soundxxxxxxxx@yahoogroups.com'" <soundxxxxxxxx@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: "'Mxxxxxxxx@comcast.net'" <Mxxxxxxxx@comcast.net>
Thread-Topic: fittings
Thread-Index: Ac0UJvLIs9IpwqtfSy+hSVXx3b26bQ==
Message-ID: <69C23C04D36F874092DCF98593C8DA539D4824864B@EXMBCL1.healthnet.org>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach: 
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: 
acceptlanguage: en-US
X-Originating-IP: 216.57.136.41
X-eGroups-Msg-Info: 1:12:0:0:0
Sender: Soundxxxxxxxx@yahoogroups.com
MIME-Version: 1.0
Mailing-List: list Soundxxxxxxxx@yahoogroups.com; contact Soundxxxxxxxx-owner@yahoogroups.com
Delivered-To: mailing list Soundxxxxxxxx@yahoogroups.com
List-Id: <Soundxxxxxxxx.yahoogroups.com>
Precedence: bulk
List-Unsubscribe: <mailto:Soundxxxxxxxx-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:56:17 -0400
Subject: [SONE] fittings
X-Yahoo-Newman-Property: groups-email-tradh-m
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="_000_69C23C04D36F874092DCF98593C8DA539D4824864BEXMBCL1health_"
Content-Length: 7828

Thank you for any guidance you can provide Smiley Happy

Gold Problem Solver

We will have to see what the Moderators find when they review the header.  (Thanks for including that Smiley Wink)

I will notify them, but since it is the weekend, you may not receive a response until Monday.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

an update:  

I (and several other Comcasters in my group) received messages from our Yahoo group on 4/7 and 4/8 ... then they abruptly stopped again the evening of 4/8.  Now I have not received the last 4 messages from the group.

Oddly enuff, the few intermittent messages I've been able to receive are on the weekends ... Saturday & Sunday (til about 7pm ... then CUTOFF!!)

This is getting very old. In scanning the other messages to this forum I see that I am not the only one who is not receiving regular-type email.

Please let me know if there is other information I can provide to get this resolved.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I worked with Prashant in Comcast Customer Security Assurance this afternoon. He determined that my group's email address had been marked as spam and worked with the Filtering Team to get my group's reputation reset.

He also had me re-set my spam filter back on (which another Comcast technician had told me to turn off). By sending the spam messages to spam folder, I can monitor if the group's messages get marked as spam again.

After the filtering team worked their magic, I was able to receive my group's messages. Yaaay!!!

New Poster

Has there been a resolution to this issue?  We are experienceing the same issue with a Yahoo Group.  My wife who uses Outlook to read her comcast e-mail does not recieve most of the Yahoo Group e-mails.  I recieve my Yahoo Group e-mails at a gmail acount and recieve them all.  The messages are not in my wife's junk e-mail.

Another family has two members using Comcast e-mail and are not recieving e-mails.  A third family member using non-Comcast e-mail is recieving all messages.

Frequent Visitor

The resolution of the issue was to restore the reputation of the Yahoo group's email address.  Once that happened, users from Comcast, Cox and Verizon all got the group's messages again.

Part of your problem may be that you're using Outlook to get your email messages. If Comcast is filtering them out, they're not going to make it thru to even get to Outlook.

You need to check the messages online at Comcast.net  

Make sure there is a spam filter set online at Comcast and that spam messages are sent to a folder.  Then you need to get those messages and mark them as NOT spam.

You may want to start your own thread here and request that the email filtering team look at the email address for your group.

Good Luck !!!

New Poster

We have a Yahoo Group for our Boy Scout Troop 429.  All the comcast.net users cannot receive any yahoo group emails.  Because this is a scout troop it is important to receive all the information sent from officers and committee members of the troop.  This has been a problem over a week for all the Members who have a comcast.net address.

Please advise.

pattonsfab@comcast.net

Gold Problem Solver

Please edit your post and REMOVE your email address.  Never post any personal information in the public forums.  Your email address can easily be harvested by spammers.  To edit your post:  Open your post & click on Options on the right side, then click on edit reply.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Connection Expert
Moved: