Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Granting Permissions

Frequent Visitor

Granting Permissions

I just added a secondary user name so I could keep my business emails separate from personal ones. Of course, what I can do with that secondary account is severely limited. (Can't access texting, etc.)

Is there a way I can add full permissions to the secondary user name since both of accounts are mine? (No one else has any access to my account or my computer.)

Also, where can I find the link to forward emails from the secondary account? I initially added the forwarding when I added the second user name, and I now have to change the settings because all forwarded messages are doubled. Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere! When I go to email Preferences, it tells me to go to My Account for forwarding emails. But once there, I can't find the forwarding function anywhere, from either my secondary OR my primary account.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!!

Email Expert

Re: Granting Permissions

I'm not sure about the Texting, as I don't have the Comcast phone service.  Maybe someone else can jump in on that one.

When you navigate to the primary account using "My Account", you should see the tabs for  each account you have.  Click on the one for the secondary.  Then you should see tabs for "Basic Settings" and Email Settings".  Click on the one for Email, and that's where you should see a list of choices, one of which is Forwarding.  The same applies to the primary.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Susie1202 wrote:

I just added a secondary user name so I could keep my business emails separate from personal ones. Of course, what I can do with that secondary account is severely limited. (Can't access texting, etc.)

Is there a way I can add full permissions to the secondary user name since both of accounts are mine? (No one else has any access to my account or my computer.)

Yes, you can change permissions for the secondary account. It's called securing the account.

This will allow a secondary account holder to manage his/her email settings.

There is also an option to give the secondary account access to view/pay the bill and view call records, readable voice mail and texts (will also be able to send texts). After you change the permissions, you will be able see the option to forward mail. All of this is covered in detail in the post linked to below.

Follow the directions in Section 2 of this post

How to View/Pay your bill Online and/or Secure your Account (clickable link)

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much, Latoque!

Your advice on fixing the my forwarding problem was easy and quick, and resolved the issue in 2 minutes flat. Now my forwarding seems to be working as it should, and if I do have additional problems, I know exactly where to go to fix it.

I really appreciate that you took the time to help me.

~ Susan

Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much for teaching me how to secure my account, Queen-Evie. The link you provided led me straight to the info I needed, and I was able to grant the permissions to my secondary account without a problem.

To be honest, it never would have occurred to me to look at accounts or billing to fix the permissions, so you saved me tons of time & fustration.

Like I told Latoque, I appreciate it so much that you took the time to help. Thanks to the two of you, everything seems to be running smooth as silk now!

Service Expert

I'm glad the advice and suggestions we provided solved your issues.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon