Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Google Photos URL not passing outbound SPAM filter

New Poster

Google Photos URL not passing outbound SPAM filter

Ran into a problem sharing a link to a Google Photos album via email.  I pasted a URL formatted as "https://goo.gl/photos/<hash code>" into an email using my XFINITY (Comcast) email account.  I sent the email, and only discovered later after intended recipients told me they never saw it, that the email never actually went anywhere.  I was able to send the exact same email message, successfully, if I removed the Google URL.  A discussion with Comcast customer service confirmed that the outbound email was suppressed by Comcast; presumably as a function of an outbound SPAM filter (my issue is still under investigation by their Tier 2+ support people).

Has anyone seen a similar phenomenon, with Google Photos links and/or any other common URL archetypes?

What I was trying to do was completely benign - share some pictures with friends and family (< 10 people on the distro) - and feels tantamount to censorship.  Maybe not malicious or intentional, but in effect, censorship.  Depending on the quality of Comcast's response to my issue, I might drop a line to the FCC.