Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Gmail problem n Tablet

Regular Visitor

Gmail problem n Tablet

All email appears addressed to XFINITY home, though all is addressed to gmail account. This is on the IPad. Same applies for sent mail. I compose and send from Gmail, but appears in Sent mail folder as sent from XFINITY home. I did not set up any mail forwarding. I deleted all XFINITY apps from tablet. See if this helps...

Regular Visitor

Re: Gmail problem on Tablet

Replying to myself, as I fixed myself. Tech support ( Philappeans  -poor English) wanted to delete my Comcast email and ID and create a new one. This "solution" was not acceptable to me. I can completely deleted all XFINITY apps from my IPad Air, and the problem persisted. After hours of checking every setting everywhere, I again clicked on the To part of a gmail that displayed as to XFINITY home. Finally, this XFINITY Home appeared as an icon in my contacts, with the gmail address listed as Other email! I never added such a contact. Immediately edited this, and added the edited information to existing contacts, and finally, finally the problem went away! All Gmail Inbox messages correctly display as To my name.