Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Get rid of comcast email

New Poster

Get rid of comcast email

How do I get rid of comcast email and have comcast use an alternative address.

Email Expert

Re: Get rid of comcast email

You can't delete your primary account because it's also your sign-in credential.  If you don't want to use their email, you could set the account to auto-forward to an account you have with some other email provider like Yahoo or Gmail, etc.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you.

I was told by Comcast I coud add an outside email account and designate it as primary. I did so. They would use the new account as the point of contact. They indicated I could neither delete the Comcast email account, nor forward from it. Even with my other, supposedly primary account in place, email notification still goes to the Comcast address.

As usual, they/re 'wotking on it.'

Email Expert

I don't know who told you that you can't forward, because you can.  Try it for yourself if you're still interested.  Any Comcast email account can be forwarded, be it primary or secondary.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

to    I think I am reading your reply correctly ...yes if you are paying comcast for your internet and or phone  your comcast email is is always  your "primary" account.    BUT if you prefer to use say google email then you go to the google mail and do "add another server"  then you put in your primary "comcast' information and all your mail will then come into your google site from your comcast account.  All your mail will still be on the comcast site under mail, which you can go into and delete mail or review a piece of mail you have accidently deleted from your outside source mail  . The only way to rid the comcast mail is to leave comcast fully i do believe...

I had three open mail accounts and all my mail came into these accounts from "xfinity" comcast...

Depending on how fancy you want an email account I am finding Comcast "xfinity" a nice little mail program right on my desk top does everything i want it to EXCEPT has no audible incoming alert any more.   sigh  really miss that feature..  researching does not tell me why they did away with this feature...