Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Forwarding emails

New Poster

Forwarding emails

Can someone tell me how to forward an email under this terrible new format?  I click on Forward, then on To, then on Address Book, then on Send mail---but the forward message is no longer there.  It used to be so easy!!!!     Thanks for any help.

Email Expert

Re: Forwarding emails

When you get the Forward page, just start typing the contact's name in the To: field and it should appear in a drop-down for you to select it.  You can compose a new email from the address book, but not a forward.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks, but what if I want to forward something to numerous people?  

Email Expert

I've been told that Comcast is working on reinstating the ability to click on the To:, Cc and Bcc fields like you could before to select names.  Until then I would suggest:

1)  Enable the account in a desktop client like Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail.  Most clients have that feature.  Or------------

2)  Put the contacts into a group, and just start typing the group name in the To: field.  Or------------

3)  Forward the message to another email account you might have, and use that to then forward to your contacts, assuming that account has the ability  to click on the To: field.  Not all email providers have it though.

4)  Save the message you want to forward to the desktop of the computer, then go into the address book, check off the names you want to send to, then click on "Send email" at the top.  That will open a new compose page and fill in the names you marked.  Then you can attach the saved message and send it that way.  Bit of a bother but it should work.

Option #1 is the best way to go IMO.  At least until they get that feature back in the webmail UI.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Wow, thanks much for the comprehensive reply!!  I just wish Comcast would have stuck to "If it ain't broke...."