Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Forwarded e-mails blocked so they don't get to my work e-mail.

New Poster

Forwarded e-mails blocked so they don't get to my work e-mail.

Comcast is blocking selected e-mails when I try to forward them from one of my Comcast e-mails to my work e-mail. Forwarding these e-mails worked fine until a short time ago. These are newsletters from a professional organization. My IT department says they are not getting to my work's network. Sent to a co-worker's g-mail account, it was also not forwarded.  If I go into the Comcast web-site they show as sent but not opened. If I then forward them to the same work account from the Comcast web site they go through. Why would I suddenly not be able to forward these e-mails in one step from my phone?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Forwarded e-mails blocked so they don't get to my work e-mail.

Be aware that if Comcast decides an email you send violates their terms of service, they just throw it away. There's no bounce message, no notice to you, and no notice to the intended recipient. It's despicable, but that's what they do.

If an employee doesn't help you here, give Comcast Security Assurance a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory resolution.

The only sure resolution to the problem is to use a competent email provider instead of Comcast.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation