Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Forced change to new webmail

Silver Problem Solver

Forced change to new webmail

I appear to have been forced to use the new webmail format. I normally use Thunderbird for mail, and only use the webmail occasionally as a preview and to check for any incorrectly marked Spam.

That said, I don't know why everything has to be so slow. Before, I had it set to use the 'Light' version, which was an even older layout but was very fast. It would take only 1-2 seconds to load. The new one takes 5-10 seconds, half of that just sitting at some white-on-white dots while it's verifying something. There is no longer any way to use a simpler layout.

On the old version, clearing spam was done by just clicking an 'Empty Spam' button on the Spam folder's toolbar. On the new one, I have click the hamburger next to the spam folder name in the folder list, then choose to delete all. Confusingly, although all the mail deletes, the folder list still shows the count of unread until I force a refresh. Also, very dangerously, the regular inbox also has a 'delete all messages' option.

I'm quite certain many others have posted similar. I don't fully follow this particular forum.

Email Expert

Re: Forced change to new webmail

I have not noticed any speed difference going from the old to the new format.  As an observation, the Lite version in the Zimbra platform was not intended to speed things up necessarily;  the intent was to provide a  simpler interface that required less computing horsepower, so people using older versions of their operating system or browser could access their email more easily.  Also, as for the hamburger icon, you can get to the same menu by right-clicking on the folder.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

To be honest, the main usage of mail is about the same speed with the new layout. The biggest different is that it takes so much longer just to get the webmail opened now compared to before, when it was nearly instant.

Email Expert

I have seen the slower opening thingy too, but I have found that clearing cache/history in the browser solves that for me.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same results. The new webmail interface is much slower especially the search function which I find incredibly cumbersome to use. The older interface seach engine worked much better in my usage.