Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Font size on my email through Xfinity Connect app

Frequent Visitor

Font size on my email through Xfinity Connect app

The type size on my email through Xfinity Connect app (iphone 5) is so small I can't read it. How can I increase the size?

Joan

Email Expert

Re: Font size on my email through Xfinity Connect app

Take a look at this-------------

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-The-Font-Size-on-an-iPhone

Or this------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scoYhrGc3i0

I just use the finger gesture to increase it in a message by pinching my index finger and thumb at the center of the screen and then open it out, as described here-------------

Pinch to Zoom

This method is probably the most used one by iPhone and iPad users as it is very simple and intuitive. This method will work when web browsing, reading emails, reading PDF files or iBooks, even when viewing images or on Apple Maps and Google Maps. To use the Pinch to Zoom method, all you have to do is place two fingers close to each other on your iOS device’s  display (we recommend using the pointer finger and the thumb). As you spread your fingers apart, the content of the page you are viewing gets larger. You can apply the Pinch to Zoom method several times, each time increasing the contents of the page you are reading / viewing. This way it will be easier for you to read or view details in pictures.  This guy gives a quick lesson---------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1EyFyjZ2II

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That enlarges the font size, but then I have to move the screen side to side to read the enlarged area.  I just want the type size to be larger as I open the email, therefore staying in the email screen and able to read it easily.

Email Expert

The screen on an iPhone only has so much real estate you can work with.  If you enlarge whatever you are looking at you will have to scroll either horizontally or vertically.  One thing to do is to use the phone in the horizontal position to make the reading area wider.  Did you try the instructions in the first two links I posted?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I tried that.  The font size used to be much larger, and I could read the email without difficulty.  Recently, it became tiny.  It used to fit the screen side to side, and I just had to scroll down to read.  If I enlarge it now, it enlarges both side to side and lengthwise, and I have to scroll back and forth and down.

There has to be a way to enlarge the font size, since it used to be larger.  I just can't figure it out.

Joan