online now

discussions

Finding my deleted messages

New Poster

Finding my deleted messages

How can I activate my deleted messages?

Email Expert

Re: Finding my deleted messages

You have a feature called “Recover Deleted Items”. It works in both the old and new email formats. It looks different in the new one. To see it, right-click on the Trash folder. You will see a small pop-up menu, and the last choice at the bottom is “Recover Deleted Items”. Click on it and it will open a window showing emails that you deleted. It only goes back 15 days From that window you can restore emails to any folder you have. Select the ones you want and then click on the little folder icon at the top of that window (old format), or just check the ones you want to move and then click on "Move Selected Items" (new format). That will display all your folders, and you can move your selection to the one you want.

If the emails went missing for any other reason, the feature supposedly won’t show them. E.G: if your deletion schedules deleted them or you have a malware infection of some kind.

Or use this link:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/recover-deleted-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon