Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Facebook crashes

Frequent Visitor

Facebook crashes

When I'm in Facebook it keeps crashing with error message Display driver stopped responding and has recovered error in Windows 7. It only happens in Facebook when I'm scrolling down the page. I only have 1 or 2 tabs open. It isn't hot either. I've seen several people on the internet that has the same problem. I think it started when Microsoft offered Windows 10 free. I've tried to remove it but it keeps coming back every time Windows updates which is everyday.

Regular Contributor

Re: Facebook crashes

windows 10 should have nothing to do with it. signing up for it i think just puts you in a download cue for when are ready to have installed

or are you running a beta version of windows 10? in which case that may very well cause some compatibility issues

does this happen with other browsers or webpages?

what kind of graphics card do you have? are you sure its not blown out? like are you able to run some benchmarking software without crashing?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Facebook crashes

It only happens with Facebook. Everything else works just fine. I don't know what kind of Graphic card I have. It does happen when I'm scrolling down. It could happen with some videos maybe on Facebook. I think I purchased my Laptop on 4/2011 or 4/2012. If you google the message error I get Display driver stopped responding and has recovered error in Windows 7 you will see how several people have this problem.