Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

External Mail

Contributor

External Mail

I have three comcast.net email addresses. One primary, and two extras. For the past few years I have accessed all three accounts via Xfinity Connect web mail by logging on with my primary account and then reading the two extras by using the "Get External Mail" function.

But for the past week I have been unable to access one of those extra email accounts. When I click Get External Mail I get a "Critical" popup error message saying that the account failed. Sometimes I get a different popup error titled "External Account Failure" that says "Unable to connect to POP3 server".

I have gone to account preferences and the three email accounts are all listed, but when I try to edit the one that isn't working it tells me, "We were not able to validate your credentials." (The second extra account is working fine).

I know the account name and password are working because I can login directly and access my mail that way. But I'd rather not have to keep logging out and logging back in every time I want to check a different email account. That's why the "Get External Email" function has been so useful.

Any ideas what's going on? I called Comcast and the first support rep didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned the Get External Mail setup. He said he would escalate to higher level support and that they would call me back, but it has been 2 days and still no call back.