Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Expired Comcast Security Certificate

Regular Visitor

Expired Comcast Security Certificate

I keep getting a pop up "Security Alert" that says, "A secure connection with this site cannot be verified. Would you like to proceed? The certificate you are viewing does not match the name of the site you are trying to view."  When I click on "View Certificate" it say it was issued to www.Comcast.net, issued by www.comcast.net, and Valid from 9-17-14 9-17-15.  It will not properly install a new certificate.  

I've poked around and seen that this has happened to others in the past, but was resolved when Comcast issued a new certificate.  I would think that Comcast would issue a new certificate that expired two years ago.

Can anyone help?

I'm Running:

• Chrome.
  • Office 365 Home. Happens whether or not I have Outlook open
  • Computer clock is set properly

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Expired Comcast Security Certificate

Where are you seeing the www.Comcast.net link? For me, that URL redirects to http://my.xfinity.com/. Maybe you could use that instead?

Regular Visitor

Below are two screen shots.  The first one is what shows up as a pop up.  The second is what appears when I click on "View Certificate."  "More Info" just links to a Microsoft support page which is useless.

2017-09-16_123020.jpg

Gold Problem Solver

thoffman wrote: ... The first one is what shows up as a pop up.  The second is what appears when I click on "View Certificate." ...

Understood, but what are you clicking on to bring this up? If it's a link on a web page, what is the web address of the page, and where is the link on it? If it's a bookmark/favorite, then you should update that bookmark/favorite.

Regular Visitor

Initially, there is a pop up.  Didn't click on anything, it just appears.This pop up is the first image (top) depicted in my previous post.  Then, on the pop up, when I  click on "View Certificate" it displays the second (bottom) image in my previous post. 

Email Expert

thoffman wrote:

Initially, there is a pop up.  Didn't click on anything, it just appears.This pop up is the first image (top) depicted in my previous post.  Then, on the pop up, when I  click on "View Certificate" it displays the second (bottom) image in my previous post. 

What were you doing when the first pop-up appeared?  Were you signing into the Xfinity homepage or the email?  Or were you already on the homepage or email when it happened?  I am using the latest version of Chrome in Windows 10, and like Bruce, I am unable to duplicate this issue.  Have you tried with Edge or Firefox to see if the same thing happens?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

It happens seemingly at random.  Without regard to where i am or what I'm doing.  i hardly ever sign on to the home page or use the comcast webmail.  i do however use the Xfinity Android app on my phone, but again, rarely.