Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Establishing a mail client

New Poster

Establishing a mail client

I want to email some pictures, however, I get the message I have not established a default mail client.  What does this mean and how do I do it?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Establishing a mail client

You do not need an e-mail client to send pictures. You should be able to send pictures with Comcast web mail. Open an e-mail, click attach and go.

FYI: An e-mail client is a separate program such as Apple mail, Outlook, Thunderbird ect. that you can use to manage your mail. You never need to use one of those, but many people like their features.

Email Expert

wrote:

I want to email some pictures, however, I get the message I have not established a default mail client.  What does this mean and how do I do it?

Are you trying to send the email by using a "Mailto:" link at a website?  Because those will generate that notice if you don't have an email client configured on your computer with your email account in it.  But as Barbie said, if you are sending photos that are on your computer you don't need a client to do that.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you for your response.  I have been able to send pictures through Comcast Web however, I am trying to send pictures using a Sony Program called "Play Memories Home" and when I select email, it tells me I need to establish a mail client.  How do I establish a mail client with Comcast using that program?

Silver Problem Solver

Just install one of the many free e-mail clients, then select it in your program. 

Email Expert

wrote:

Thank you for your response.  I have been able to send pictures through Comcast Web however, I am trying to send pictures using a Sony Program called "Play Memories Home" and when I select email, it tells me I need to establish a mail client.  How do I establish a mail client with Comcast using that program?

If you don't want to download a desktop client, there is a way to use a webmail account for your mailto: function.  See here----------------

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2682692/how-to-make-webmail-your-default-email-in-chrome-firefox-and...

I haven't tried this method myself though.  The article is about two years old and with all the browser updates the navigation might be a little different now.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon