Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Error code 413

Contributor

Error code 413

For the last couple of weeks when I try  to go to my inbox I get the "HTTP 413 error code". This is the only time I ever get this code so I am guessing that it must be something to do with that connection. To get to the inbox, I use the icon located on the top of my comcast home page. Aside from buying a software to handle this is there anything I can do or adjustments I can make to fix this?

Service Expert

Re: Error code 413

@nature-lover wrote:

For the last couple of weeks when I try  to go to my inbox I get the "HTTP 413 error code". This is the only time I ever get this code so I am guessing that it must be something to do with that connection. To get to the inbox, I use the icon located on the top of my comcast home page. Aside from buying a software to handle this is there anything I can do or adjustments I can make to fix this?

Try deleting all of your Comcast/Xfinity cookies and clearing your cache.  Then close your browser and re-open it, and let your cookies reset.

And FWIW, there are plenty of free email clients that are really good.  I use Thunderbird.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Error code 413

Maybe I should look into other email clients. I did all that was recommended cleared cookies, cache, etc. Still getting 413, however today there

was a little message that popped up with this warning: 

Email Activity Policy

Comcast has a new email activity policy. Please log in to your email once every 12 months to

maintain an active email account. Inactive email accounts will have their contents deleted following

notification of pending deletion.

I have over 20 years in saved emails on comcast and it would take countless days or months to move that many saved emails. I don't have these messages anywhere else. I don't use outlook nor anything but comcast. Somehow I don't trust comcast not to delete my account although I use it every single day. I stay signed in to my account, does this qualify as signing in or is there some other platform that I must sign in to? If so, where is it?

It just seems weird to get this pop up after posting about error 413. Comcast enlighten us please.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation