Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Entourage for Mac 2008 continuing problems

Frequent Visitor

Entourage for Mac 2008 continuing problems

I really thought I had this problem licked when I found a 10-year old post here with info that solved my receiving mail on Entourage problem. Alas!  That no longer works.

Now, I have to Force Quit the program, restart and cross fingers!  Sometimes it works, and sometimes not.

It tries to download hundreds of old emails, or it just hangs and I get an error message of "timed out".  When I send a report to Microsoft, it's full of technical stuff of no meaning to me.

Question:  Since I have all my files (dozens!) of many years in Entourage, what email program can I use with my Mac Pro?  I really should change since I'm reading email on ComCast.net now.

I'm on ComCast cable for receiving whatever Internet access I have here at the house.

Ideally, my new program could import files from Entourage, but is that feasible?

Obviously, I'm just a user, not a techie.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Entourage for Mac 2008 continuing problems

Use Apple mail. Entourage should have a saved folder. Just keep that.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, but I'm not able to find it.  Have asked Apple how to access Apple Mail, and will hope for the best.

Silver Problem Solver

Apple mail is easy to set up. Just launch it and it will ask you for your e-mail address and password, Done!