Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Emails

Contributor

Emails

I can log into my emails but I can't open them.  What is going on?  Tried chat this morning and I was doing everything they told me to do.  No help because the person didn't understand what I was saying.  And basically all he said was "I see".  Told me to change "Preference" but yet it never showed up where he said it was.    Had a technician out on Saturday who was excellent and he said everything was working right.  Yea right.  Was able at that time to open my emails.  He was out because I was having problems with Comcast not responding, comcast running long script, computer freezing.  Still happening, although he was here a good while and everything was working properly, of course.

What is going on with Comcast?  And it doesn't matter if I'm using Edge, IE, Chrome, etc. the same thing happens.   Never had so many problems with Comcast until several months ago and have been a Comcast custom since it came into our area years and years ago.  I have suggested that the wiring needs replacing since they are old and I have never seen a Comcast truck on my street replacing the equipment on the poles.  They ignore that suggestion. 

Email Expert

Re: Emails

Do you have another computer or other device you can use to access the account?  If so does the email work OK using the other device?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

I have an Ipad and I can access and open my emails on it.  Right now email seems to be working but I have a technician coming out again tomorrow because of problems with Comcast.  Never had these problems before.  Am wondering if my new modem is bad or else my Computer which is only 3 years old.  Really beginning to think it is this stupid Edge that Microsoft has come out with. 

Contributor

Technician came out and spent time just checking the computer, never checked the outside lines at all.  Said he could find nothing wrong.  He did see problems that I told him about but kept saying Comcast was workign fine.  Speeds were what they are supposed to be.  Don't see how when it is slow and freezing up.  Same old thing.  Did give me his own work number to call if more problems.  Yes more problems but why have a technician come out if they can't find anything wrong and not check the outside lines.  They are very old and never have they been replaced on the poles since they were installed over 15 years ago.  Was told by someone in the main office that the lines would be tested but no one has ever shown up. 

So no solution.