Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Emails sent from VPS at GoDaddy not being received at my @comcast.net email address

New Poster

Emails sent from VPS at GoDaddy not being received at my @comcast.net email address

Hi, I have a few websites hosted on a GoDaddy VPS. These websites send an email confirmation when someone completes an online form. The email confirmation isn't showing up at my @comcast.net email address, nor in the spam either. 

I have verified that (a) the emails are sending and (b) the emails are being received at my @gmail.com address. So, it appears that Comcast is blocking the email, probably for spam false positives.

In the past, I've seen this issue resolve once a rDNS (reverse DNS) record was setup, but that's not the case this time. The tool I've used to verify the rDNS record is http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=ptr:104.238.116.174

The VPS IP address is 104.238.116.174

Please assist! Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Emails sent from VPS at GoDaddy not being received at my @comcast.net email address

Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help you with this. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Official Employee

Re: Emails sent from VPS at GoDaddy not being received at my @comcast.net email address

tourvista wrote:

Hi, I have a few websites hosted on a GoDaddy VPS. These websites send an email confirmation when someone completes an online form. The email confirmation isn't showing up at my @comcast.net email address, nor in the spam either. 

I have verified that (a) the emails are sending and (b) the emails are being received at my @gmail.com address. So, it appears that Comcast is blocking the email, probably for spam false positives.

In the past, I've seen this issue resolve once a rDNS (reverse DNS) record was setup, but that's not the case this time. The tool I've used to verify the rDNS record is http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=ptr:104.238.116.174

The VPS IP address is 104.238.116.174

Please assist! Thanks.

Hi,

I don't see any attempts from 104.238.116.174 at this end.  Can you confirm the IP?  Is your server sending direct to the comcast MXes, or does it smarthost via some other server?  If the former, can you private message me logs showing handoff to the comcast.net MX?

Thanks,

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon