Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Emails not sending - AGAIN!!

Regular Visitor

Emails not sending - AGAIN!!

I keep running into this glitch where my emails sit in my outbox and do not send.  When I click to send them I get an error message that says, "One or more messages could not be sent. These messages are still in your Outbox, please correct them and then try again."  Usually when I click 'details' there are none, but today it says, "421 resomta-ch2-06v.sys.comcast.net comcast ESMTP server error (try again later)"

This error usually happens to my default email and I am able to drag emails from Outbox to Drafts, switch from default to secondary email address, and then send them one at a time - even though settings for both accounts are identical.

Today even my secondary email address is having the issue.

In the past I've been able to reboot my computer to make it start working again, which tells me the settings are fine.  I haven't tried that yet today though, because I want to FIX this problem so it won't keep happening!

I'm using Incredimail if that makes a difference.  Settings are IMAP 993 and SMTP 587.

I've seen on another forum that I am not the only one having this problem, but on that forum Comcast said the problem was fixed. -- It's NOT!!

I'm trying to use Chat to talk to a service rep but the chat box has been sitting at "Connecting to Chat. Your wait will be approximately 0 minutes." for 10 minutes now...

Can anyone here help me with this???  Please???

comcastglitch.jpg
Contributor

Re: Emails not sending - AGAIN!!

Having the same issue too. It started for me on Friday, July 15th.

I have multiple Virtual PCs setup, and below are my test results. Interesting enough SMTP works fine from iPhone and iPad for sending mail. My assessment is something is not right with comcasts SMTP server(s).

Platforms Tested: SMTP failed to send with error and/or crashes outlook 2016 on Win10 (Dev and GM)

• Windows 10 (GM), Outlook 2016
  • Windows 10 (Preview) w/ Outlook 2016
  • Windows 8.1, Outlook 2016
  • Windows 7, Outlook 2016
  • MacOS Sierra Dev. Beta 1 w/ Mac Mail and does not work with Outlook 2016
  • MacOS Sierra Dev. Beta 2 w/ Mac Mail and does not work with Outlook 2016
  • MacOs Sierra Public Beta 1 Mac Mail and does not work with Outlook 2016
  • MacOS El Capitan 10.11.5 w/ Mac Mail and does not work with Outlook 2016
  • MacOs El Capitan 10.11.6 w/ Mac Mail and does not work with Outlook 2016

Hope it gets fixed soon.