Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Emails being deleted from Outlook when I delete them from my comcast account.

Regular Visitor

Emails being deleted from Outlook when I delete them from my comcast account.

First off let me start by saying I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, if not please advise.

2nd I recently upgraded to Office 2013 and reset up my email to work with Outlook configured to be IMAP, now everytime I delete an email off of my webmail account it automatically deletes it from my outlook. Is there something I can set that will stop this from happening? I would appreciate any information anyone has on this issue.

Thanks

Email Expert

Re: Emails being deleted from Outlook when I delete them from my comcast account.

What you are describing is exactly what is supposed to happen in a client like Outlook, or any other device/client that has the same account enabled on it with IMAP.  Everything is synced so that what you do to an email on one place is reflected everywhere else.  If you don't want that, you need to revert to the POP3 settings.  Just understand that you will then have to do everything to an email on each device.  POP3 only works on the Inbox, and you can tell it to leave a copy on the server.  The settings for both IMAP and POP3 are here-------------------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Emails being deleted from Outlook when I delete them from my comcast account.

Thank you for the information I was unaware of that, I had just updated to 2013 from 2010 which didn't work this way and I believe it was as you said it was a POP3 account. I appreciate the time you took to answer my question.