Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Emails are not being received in Comcast inbox

New Poster

Emails are not being received in Comcast inbox

This is the second time this has happened.  For a period of time, Comcast seems to be not delivering emails sent to my address, and then just as mysteriously, they (sometimes) begin appearing.  On March 28th, I called my elderly Mom (who uses aol.com) to inquire if she was ok becasue I hadn't received any email from her in two days.  She normally emails several times a day.  She said she'd been sending mail...but I hadn't been receiving it (March 26th and March 27th specifically).  She was actually getting worried that something had happened to me because she wasn't getting my mail either.   

I figured it was just an isolated aol.com thing, but today I received a call from a special veterinary nutritionist service that is developing recipes specifically for my sick pet, asking me if I actually still wanted their services because they'd emailed me twice since February, and I hadn't responded to their inquiries.  They were prepared to refund me my money and leave my poor dog without a solution to his extreme food allergies...all because their emails never arrived in my comcast inbox.  Their email address would likely have been an '.edu' one since they are based at a university, and I can't imagine why an .edu address would be blocked completely by Comcast. 

I check my spam folder each day, and these messages have never landed there.  Now I'm beginning to wonder what else is being blocked...and why?   I've seen on the forums that there's some sort of security office we can call to find out what is being blocked, but my question is...why is anything being blocked before it can reach my inbox or junk mail folder where I can determine if it's something I need or not?  

Email Expert

Re: Emails are not being received in Comcast inbox

Start with calling Comcast security and ask them to look at your account to see if there is a blocking issue of some kind going on---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Then in the meantime, give your mother and the vet service an alternate email address you have with some other, non-Comcast, email provider like Yahoo, AOL, Gmail-----whatever, until you get the problem sorted out.  That way you won't miss any important messages.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Emails are not being received in Comcast inbox

Cavy123 wrote:

This is the second time this has happened.  For a period of time, Comcast seems to be not delivering emails sent to my address, and then just as mysteriously, they (sometimes) begin appearing.  On March 28th, I called my elderly Mom (who uses aol.com) to inquire if she was ok becasue I hadn't received any email from her in two days.  She normally emails several times a day.  She said she'd been sending mail...but I hadn't been receiving it (March 26th and March 27th specifically).  She was actually getting worried that something had happened to me because she wasn't getting my mail either.   

I figured it was just an isolated aol.com thing, but today I received a call from a special veterinary nutritionist service that is developing recipes specifically for my sick pet, asking me if I actually still wanted their services because they'd emailed me twice since February, and I hadn't responded to their inquiries.  They were prepared to refund me my money and leave my poor dog without a solution to his extreme food allergies...all because their emails never arrived in my comcast inbox.  Their email address would likely have been an '.edu' one since they are based at a university, and I can't imagine why an .edu address would be blocked completely by Comcast. 

I check my spam folder each day, and these messages have never landed there.  Now I'm beginning to wonder what else is being blocked...and why?   I've seen on the forums that there's some sort of security office we can call to find out what is being blocked, but my question is...why is anything being blocked before it can reach my inbox or junk mail folder where I can determine if it's something I need or not?  

Cavy123 - 

I have sent you a private message.  Please read it at your convenience.

ComcastDaveL

Private Messages (PM's)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as `PM's'. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon