Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Emails are missing

New Poster

Emails are missing

Emails beyond a week are disappearing.  I have a gap from 2013 to July 3, 2015.  I am not deleting them nor are my settings set to automatically delete emails.  I use this for my business and emails from customers are disappearing.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Emails are missing

Have you checked your Email Deletion Schedule to be sure each Folder is set up correctly

Also check deleted emails by right clicking on the Trash folder...next cluck on RECOVER DELETED EMAILS. A window will open shoeing deleted emails. Are any of the ones you are looking for tree? If yes, highlight the email you want back, then click on the small arrow about the list.

This will open a new window where you can move it back to the Inbox.

Question: a Are you saving read emails in the Inbox, or have you created folders for storage?
CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Gold Problem Solver

Do you also use a smartphone, tablet,etc?

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Poster

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have it set to never delete emails.  I have checked the Trash folder and recovered deleted items.  None that I am looking for are there as there are only a handful.  There should be alot more.

I have 3 comcast accounts and and this one is the only one that has an issue.  I am pretty savy when it comes to email and technology, so I have checked all possible settings and solutions.

Yes, I have a smartphone.  I have checked my settings and they are set up the same as the other two accounts, plus my outlook account.

Gold Problem Solver

The Recover Email option does not save ALL emails delted for very long, I think it is a ciouple of weeks at best.

I would go back into your smartphone and Outlook settings and doubkle check that they are set to leave copies of email on the server.  Also check your other two accounts.

Perhaps it would also be a good idea to change the password for that Account.  (Change it in all devices too)  On the off chance someone got hold of your password.

CC

New Poster

Thanks for your help!