Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Emails Disappearing from Folders

Frequent Visitor

Emails Disappearing from Folders

I have several folders set up to save specific emails, but now those emails are being deleted from those folders after a period of time. This is very frustrating as I have ongoing personal business and I cannot locate previous emails that I need.

What is causing this and how do I stop it?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Emails Disappearing from Folders

When you create folders, you MUST locate the folders below all of the Comcast Folders.  If you don't, they are subject to the automatic Email Deletion Schedule.

To check out your Email Deletion Schedule, go into the Inbox, then click on Preferences.  Next click on the Email icon.  Now you see a list of all your email settings.  Scroll down to the EMAIL DELETION Schedule and open it.  See how many days you have it set to automatically deleted email from each folder.  While there, make any changes you wish to make to the Schedule.

See the example below.  Note where I have created folders located.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Folders.JPG
Frequent Visitor

Re: Emails Disappearing from Folders

I checked the folders that are below the "trash' folder and the contents seem to be intact. Can I drag and drop the folders from above that point to a point below, or do I need to recreate new folders below and move the contents? When I create them I am asked where to put them, and if I highlight "inbox' the new folder shows up in the top, so nothing is changed. When I try to move the folder I am told to 'type in the box to filter the list". what the heck does that mean???How do I get the new folder in between folder "Apple" and folder "Bottle" without it becoming a sub folder to the Apple folder?