Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Emails Deleted from Xfinity Connect Also Deleting after Downloaded to MS Outlook 2013

New Poster

Emails Deleted from Xfinity Connect Also Deleting after Downloaded to MS Outlook 2013

CORRECTION:

We recently switched from MS Office 2007 on Windows XP, to MS Office 2013 on Windows 8.  We have always used Outlook to manage our Comcast email account.  When we were on Outlook 2007, once email was downloaded to Outlook, it was removed from the server and remained permanently in the Outlook Inbox until deleted from Outlook.  After switching to Office 2013, and setting up Outlook 2013, emails are downloaded when Outlook is opened, but not deleted from the server. 

While I had Outlook open, I deleted email in the Inbox on my Xfinity Connect app on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and it disappeared from Outlook Inbox before my very eyes.  I was able to recover the email from the Trash on the Xfininty Connect App and moved it back to the Inbox.  The email again immediately appeared in my Outlook 2013 Inbox. 

We want email downloaded to Outlook to be removed from the server, and to remain permanently in Outlook.  If an email is deleted from the server via comcast.com or Xfinity Connect App, it should not be deleted downloaded to Outlook.  As it stands, Xfinity is driving Outlook.

We have tried all the helps offered on blogs, and checked every setting, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Email Expert

Re: Emails Deleted from Xfinity Connect Also Deleting after Downloaded to MS Outlook

What you first described looks like normal POP3 behavior--------Outlook would download the email, and then delete it from the server.  It will do that unless you set Outlook to leave a copy on the server.  But what you described after that sounds like you are using IMAP instead of POP in Outlook 2013.  In IMAP accounts. anything you do to a message in one place happens to it on any other device you have the account enabled on-------it's supposed to do that.  If you want to revert to POP3, here are the settings for both IMAP and POP3----------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon