Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email

New Poster

Email

I have been trying to find how to change my preference to keep my emails that I delete, from being trashed after three weeks.  I want to change the length of time so that I can keep them longer.  I have not been able to find how to do this.  Can somebody please help me?  Please don't get technical as I am not a geek!  Thanks!

Email Expert

Re: Email

Are you in the old email format or the new one?  If you are in the old one, it will say "Zimbra" in the URL in the address bar.  If you are in the new one it will say "Appsuite".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Yes, it does say appsuite in the url.

Email Expert

In the new email format (Appsuite)-----------

Spam is stored for 7 days or 2,000 messages, whichever comes first

Trash is stored for 14 days or 5,000 messages, whichever comes first

That said, you also have a "Recovered Deleted Items" feature.  That goes back 15 days from the time you deleted the item.  To access it right-click on the Trash folder, click on Recover Deleted Items, then follow the prompts to recover any messages by moving them back to another folder.

So basically, you have access to deleted messages for up to a month.  There is no other setting in the webmail that will let you set any other time period like you could in the old Zimbra format.  However, if you use a desktop email client like Thunderbird, Outlook or some other, you could set a time period with that and it will override the Comcast settings.  The same applies to the mail app on a mobile device as long as it has the ability to make such a setting.

If, however, you want to stick to only using the webmail UI, I would suggest that you create a folder and call it "My Trash" or whatever, then move messages to it that you would normally delete.  There is no deletion schedule for local folders---emails are kept indefinitely until you manually delete them.  That way you don't have to worry about them vanishing on you.  You can delete them anytime you like.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation