Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email

New Poster

Email

I contacted Verizon because one of my friends emails appeared to be blocked and I wanted to know how to unblock the email address.  After much time with the rep, he had me go to Advanced Settings, click safe settings and add the email that was blocked.  I did and today I have received no emails which is highly unusual.  I wanted to choose send and receive all emails but cannot find that option.  Does anyone have a solution to both issues listed above, the blocked email and the option of sending and receiving all emails.

Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email

Comcast's "Safe List" doesn't work the way most expect it to. If you turn on the "Safe List" setting, only email from addresses you add to your Safe List will get through. Any address not on the list will be blocked. If Comcast is blocking one of your email senders, there is no setting you can change to unblock that sender. "Safe List" won't help you at all. The rep you talked to gave you bad information.

But Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help you figure out why that sender can't get through. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation