Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email

Frequent Visitor

Email

The emails that I have been sening for the past few weeks are automatically deleting without my authorization or in my preferences. All of my sent emails from April of 2015 until now keep disappearing from my sent folder. Please advise

Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email

Please check your EMAIL DELETION SCHEDULE.  It is found under the Inbox> Preferences> Email Settings.  Scroll down to tge Schedule and open it.  Look at tge number of dates tge Sent Folder us set to when it automatically deletes all email from that folder.

While Tgere, check tge number if days too, for tge other Comcast Folders and make any changes you wish to make to the other Folders too.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Email

I wanted to give you a snap shot of my preferences where the deletion schedule is marked Never but when I try to do the shortcut (Ctrl + V) to paste I get a pop up (Ctrl+V/Cmd+V) in order to paste, but I don't know what that is?? Also, only part of my sent folder disappeared from April 2015 until February 2016. i had a similar problem last year with my inbox folder where all of the emails disappeared and my preferences for deletion schedule were still marked as Never, but within a day comcast was able to restore my emails. I did a live chat with a support tech named Rajan on Friday Feb 26th and he gave me a ticket number and stated I would be contacted in 24 to 72 hours, but I never was contacted, so I called last week and spoke w/a rep named Mark who said he couldn't see that a ticket was created and would need to reassign a new ticket which was frustrating to me and then I asked to speak w/a manager he put me on hold and said it should only take 2 or 3 minutes, but the 2 or 3 minutes was turning into 10 and then 20 minutes at which point I decided to hang up because the hold music which is loud and obnoxious that became very annoying. The ticket number i was given is CR563985659. thank you for trying to help. I do use XfinityConnect but not sure if it is the Full or Lite version. I dont use an email client. I use Internet Explorer and my operating system is Windows 10. and yes I have cleared my browser cache.

Thanks

Teresa