Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email

Regular Visitor

Email

I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate OS and have been getting my comcast email (bobandbrigitte@~~~ on my windows live mail account.  (i.e. my old hotmail account).  That has apparently been discontinued/replaced by outlook.com which is VERY different.  I, therefore, have started going directly to my comcast.net account to read my email and I need a tutorial or something?  I cannot seem to figure out how to get an individual email to display full size, not just as an entry below the inbox listing!  Help!

Thank you!

Email Expert

Re: Email

This is a bit confusing.  First, you are correct in that Hotmail is now called Outlook.com------same account, different UI.  Same thing for people who had Live or MSN accounts.  As for your Comcast email------that is a different beast entirely.  When you sign into your Comcast account, and click on the email envelope icon at the upper right-hand corner of the screen, it should take you to your Inbox page.  Then just click on an email in the message list to open it.  Does that not work for you?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Email

I get to my inbox just fine, however I have trouble getting the message to open large enough to read, it opens in a wee (in height) box below the inbox listings!  I took a "snip" of my screen and tried to attach it to this message and I couldn't get that to work either!  Is there no such thing as a tutorial or manual for this?  Perhaps it will only work for me if I import the comcast.net into another email program?

Bob Duncan