Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email

New Poster

Email

When I delete an email from my desktop computer it does not delete it in my account on my Smartpone, or visas-versa.  What do I need to do to get the settings to acheive this process.

Email Expert

Re: Email

Then either the desktop or the phone is set up using POP3, most likely the desktop.  To get the syncing functionality you want you need to have the account set up on both using IMAP.  Then whenever you do something to an email on one, it will be reflected on the other.  Also, IMAP supports local folders--------POP3 only works on the Inbox folder.  How you proceed depends on what kind of PC you have and what kind of smartphone.  But the settings will be the same for both.  Post back if you need help with this.

What kind of phone do you have? (I have an iPhone), and what email client are you using on the desktop-----Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail etc.?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon