Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email with One Click?

Regular Contributor

Email with One Click?

Is there any way to get to webmail without having to open two comcast.com home pages.? Anywhere to click to go straight to the email login without opening more unnecessary pages?

Thanks

.Net Programmer
Email Expert

Re: Email with One Click?

Try dragging and dropping the URL of the Inbox page to your desktop.  I've done that and it seems to hold  as long as you are signed into the account.  You can also put it on your Favorites/Bookmarks bar, but it doesn't seem to last long before you're back to hitting the homepage again.  Of course a better option is to use a desktop client like Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail or something like that.  Then it's a moot issue as the client keeps your email signed in all the time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

If there is, I don't know of a way to do it anymore.   I will say though, I certainly wish we could avoid the homepage.  Just my opinion.  It has been a number of years now since we could by pass it.  Comcast locked up every method for avoiding the homepage.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

Latoque, I don't want to sign in to main account, just email.

It also opens up a new homepage when you click the email icon. Why isn't one homepage enough?

.Net Programmer
Email Expert

I understand that.  When you are at the Inbox page, drag and drop that url to the boolmarks bar or your desktop.  But like I said, it won't work again after you have signed out of the account.  But as long as you are signed in, it should take you back to the Inbox.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Problem is... I don't want to sign in to my account. I just want to go straight to email with one click on the homepage and also not open up another page to get there. I want it to be like it was for a long time.

If I sign in to my account, I might as well just click on the email icon on the homepage.

Another complaint I have is that I don't like the google search box dropping down and covering up the top of the page when I scroll down. I know how and where to go to search. Don't cover up part of my page with with a search box.

Change or update doesn't necessarily mean better.

.Net Programmer
Bronze Problem Solver

In that case, your best option is the email client.  No Comcast pages or logging in.  And I second his Thunderchicken recommendation.  Smiley Happy

Gold Problem Solver

Welcome to Posters,

Long time no see!

I agree, I use Outlook for email because I have MS office, but I too, recommend using a free email program.  OR, the OP can set up a free account, then set Comcast email Preferences to forward all email to it.  If you set up a free account, you have the option to Save copies of messages on the Comcast server.  

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

I use outlook too at work. I prefer to use comcast web mail. It's there for customers to use. It just seems like whoever designs those web pages could make it a little more convenient for the user

.Net Programmer