Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email user-friendliness and the lack thereof

New Poster

Email user-friendliness and the lack thereof

Regarding the "user-friendliness" of Comcast email, user-friendly it is not. The following features need to be added to the use of email as with Verizon Fios:

1.  The ability to click on an email, click the "From" tab and have all those emails pop up from that individual/entity. This feature was in place but is no longer there; This way one doesn't have to go through all the emails estimating/guessing when other emails from the same source were received.

2.  The "conversation feature" that you've implemented is not user friendly. It's difficult to locate any attachment assigned to one of the conversations.

3.  The ability to flag an email in non-existant. This is a valuable feature to allow users to be reminded of emails they need to address.

If Comcast implemented/improve these three features, it would help the user immensely.

Email Expert

Re: Email user-friendliness and the lack thereof

With the exception of flagging messages, the other two items are already available in Comcast webmail.  How you get at them depends on which reading view you select for the Inbox page.  I like to have the reading pane to the right.  If you want to see an alphabetical list of senders, or sort the messages by attachments, right-click on the grey area to the right of "Sorted by: xxxxxxxx" and you will see this menu--------------

Sort by Grey area.jpg

If you don't like the conversation view, you can change it easily to by Message.  Click on View" in the toolbar and you will see this-------------

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 2.25.49 PM.jpg

If you have the reading pane set to the bottom of the screen, or turned off it will be different.  And yeah-----you're not the only one who would like to see some form of flagging or otherwise marking emails.  In the webmail the best alternative would be to create local folders and then move the messages to those for further follow-up.  Another option would be to enable the account in a desktop client like Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird or some other.  They all have a way to mark messages.  Or, you could set the Comcast account to auto-forward to some other email provider you use like Yahoo or Gmail, etc. that does offer flagging.

I really don't understand why Zimbra doesn't have such a basic feature.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon