Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email usage near 10GB

Regular Visitor

Email usage near 10GB

I have been using Comcast webmail and have all of my emails is separate folders.  I am nearing the 10GB on one email address.  Is there any way for me to forward some of the folders that I have to another email address that has no where near the amount of emails.  I really just want to keep the webmail and don't want to get into an email client if at all possible. Thanks for the help!

Email Expert

Re: Email usage near 10GB

The 10 Gb limit applies to your Primary, and any secondaries you have set up.  It's not 10 Gb per account.  The only way to get more would be to get a business class account since you don't have any option to purchase more space in a residential account like you can with Gmail or some others.  Using a client would be the best route to take since it can be backed up to an external drive.  

As far as forwarding goes, something that occurs to me is this:  consider setting up the Comcast account to auto-forward to some other account you have like Yahoo, or Gmail or something.  When you set it up, uncheck the box that tells it to keep a copy on the Comcast server.  That way you leave the account intact and all the emails in it.  Any new incoming messages would go to that other non-Comcast account.

Try it for a while and see if that works out for you.  And one other thing-------do you have a lot of emails in the Sent and Drafts folders?  You might want to look at that and see if you want to free up some space that way.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Email usage near 10GB

I'm considering options for a client -- thinking cloud-based would be best as I can access older emails when I'm not at my desktop. I realize you can't recommend any specific source, but are there any that would work particularly well with Comcast email set-up?