Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email trouble

New Poster

Email trouble

I can't open email, compose or respond.  Help!  Anyone else having toubles?

Regular Visitor

Re: Email trouble

Troubles here as well.  Can't open the email as I get an error message.  Same thing occurred a couple of days ago but I thought the issue had resolved, only to encounter the same problem today.

Frequent Visitor

yes -- have not been able to access email data from second email account on xfinity/comcast -- just happened today for the 1st time - 2/15/18

Regular Contributor

The Philippines will get on this asap.
Contributor

Having the same problem.  Can open the email program, can delete email, but CAN'T open an email...it just keeps working and working.  When I close out, I see a little orange box at the bottom of the screen flash and it says "server unavailable".

This happend a couple of days ago - went away and now it is back again today.

What is the problem?

New Poster

Same problem today, 2/15/18. Worked fine this morning but not this afternoon. Maybe somethings down at Comcast?

I really need to access my messages! 

Contributor

I am getting email cant be found message

New Poster

I can't get on either.  It was fine this morning.

New Poster

Same problem. No access to email content. Inbox looks normal.

Internet working fine. Same issue on multiple computers to leading me to positively identify Comcast as the problem here.

They tell you to leave a message if you do get through to a helpless human. Unbelievable. Next a ticket # to add to my graveyard of unfixed tickets.

No what prorate my bill by hours down diveded by total hours in a month. This Comcast company has perfectly mastered customer disssatisfaction !

Contributor

Same problem here (Atlanta)--was working earlier (about an hour ago). Now email won't load. I'm waiting on a code from Turbo Tax to finish filing my state taxes!
New Poster

I'm having trouble, too.  Emails won't open and I'm getting error notices

Regular Contributor

I get the same thing!  My Xfinity Connect emails won't open, and it's been happening for hours!  Please fix my emails! Woman Sad

New Poster

i am having the same issue as others - i can't open any email, takes forever and then comes bk as error. what is going on - this is the 2nd night in a row.

New Poster

Having a lot of trouble. Can see message headers but not download them. Times out.

Regular Visitor

Yes... 4:28 Pacific time.. I can see my messages but I can not reply to any of them. Smiley Sad

New Poster

Same thing for me. Can see many messages in my inbox, but when you try to open one it just spins and spins, then eventually says "cannot access remote server; try again later."  This is the 2nd time for me as well that it's done this during the week, & it was not working for a long time...over a day.  I have messages in there that need a timely response but I cannot read them.    (Even their DVR service has acted up periodically recently, not allowing access to what you've just recorded....especially frustrating during the Olympic coverage.)

New Poster

Same for me ... emails won’t open. On the Xfinity app on my phone, in the email app on my iPad, nor through the Xfinity website in Safari. 2/15/18

New Poster

We're having troubles opening our email as well.  Glad they can spend money on their commercials telling how fast they are, but don't spend a few bucks to get the email to work.

New Poster

There is currently an email issue going on with all the customers. The system is temporary down. Technician teams are working on it.
It will be fixed soon. Complain about compensation for the downtime - and they will escalate it. - They know that we are missing important emails.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  I can see the incoming email and I'm able to open it but the text of the email is not showing and I eventually get a message saying "unable to reach server".  I've shut down and restarted several times & it's still happening.  I had the same issue a couple of days ago but it came back up after a couple of hours.

New Poster

I just got off a chat help with Comcast.   I tried for 3 hours to load new emails that would have come in since I last checked at 5am and they wouldn't load.   I couldn't open older emails.   I can't compose any emails.   So after 3 hours, I waited in que for help #174 in line.   I learned that the server is undergoing maintannce..grrrrrrr.  But the bigger issue is the earliest emails might be able to be accessed is projected to be 24 hours from now ( it is 8:30 eastern time)...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

New Poster

I learned from a Comcast tech that the earliest that the email issue will be resolved is 24 hrs from now ( so maybe 8:30 tomorrow night). The system is undergoing standard maintenance.   Horrible customer service not to have sent out advanced notification like when public water lines will be flushed and you won't have access to water.

New Poster

I keep getting time out errors when I try to view individual mail from my mail list.
Also will not download from my POP acct. Started this morning...says try later...I tried 10 times.

New Poster

Same here.  Over the past few days, it has slowed to the point that email is essentially unusable.  

New Poster

I can send but can't receive any email in Portland Oregon. This happened on Sunday as well. 

New Poster

same here in Philadelphia PA. I contacted help chat and was told that there was a technical glitchin the email server and it should be back 1-2 hours and yes it happened a couple of days ago. It's only certain servers as my wife can access hers. I cannot access via PC and Iphone.

New Poster

Same here.  I have rebooted computer several times.  How do I fix this???

New Poster

Add me to the list... experienced the same thing a couple of days ago.  Very irritating since I use their online email accounts!

New Poster

I just ended a chat with someone from Comcast: "Beforehand I proceed further, I would like to inform you that our email server is currently down. We have escalated the issue to our Engineers and they are working to fix it as soon as possible."  He also wrote that it should be fixed "today."

Regular Visitor

And they don't even post anything on their web page, even after they know they are having server problems, I mean doing maintenance.  What a crock.  I think it's time to switch to Gmail for e-mail, which solves my biggest problem with cancelling Comcast - I don't want to change my e-mail address.  But I also want e-mail to work, and Gmail generally works.

New Poster

You still have 2 months to file, Comcast may get it fixed by then LOL.  No email in Wash DC area- maybe Comcast shut down w/ the gov't?  

New Poster

Same
New Poster

We all need to dump Comcast
New Poster

Same issues here in Chicago. 

New Poster

Have not had comcast email all day
New Poster

Have not had comcast email all day

New Poster

Having trouble with e-mail...cannot send or receive or delete trash on 03/15/18

Official Employee

Hey, bk140. Some customers may be experiencing errors with their XFINITY email. We apologize and appreciate your patience while we work to fix.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Wow, its down yet again.  What is this, about the 5th time this year Comcast has crapped itself?  I can assume we'll be expecting an outage for the rest of the day/night just like the last several times...

When triyng to access the comcast webmail page:

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.

Official Employee

Hey, rylan. Some customers may be experiencing errors with their XFINITY email. We apologize and appreciate your patience while we work to fix.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Seems coincidental to me.  Went out on February 15 and now again on March 15.  I think we can guess your deployment schedule.

Frequent Visitor

Why is Comcast incapable of running and maintaining a functional email platform? Can someone from Comcast answer that question?

Official Employee

Hey, pattersonny. Some customers may be experiencing errors with their XFINITY email. We apologize and appreciate your patience while we work to fix.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hey, harleybeagleson. Some customers may be experiencing errors with their XFINITY email. We apologize and appreciate your patience while we work to fix.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats