Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email to one IMAP Address sent to two recipients

New Poster

Email to one IMAP Address sent to two recipients

My wife and I each have our own Comcast email addresses and we have one other email address for mail to be received by both of us. That joint email account is a Comcast POP mail account that automatically forwards a copy of mail sent to that account to a second recipient (my wife). I read the mail from the joint account and she reads the copy. The original joint email is deleted from Comcast's server when I download it to my mail reading program (Outlook) and hers is deleted when she downloads the copy. Now here's the problem. I want to switch to IMAP email but I understand that there is no way to automatically send a copy of IMAP email to a second account. We could both view the original joint email on the IMAP account but if one of us deletes it the other person won't see it. Does anyone have a workaround for this?
Official Employee

Re: Email to one IMAP Address sent to two recipients

If you've set the forwarding prefernces in your Account Preferences, you can forward the message there, ensure you select to keep a copy.  The message should go to both accounts.  IMAP and POP are independent of this setting.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon