Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email slow,slow,slow to load

New Poster

Email slow,slow,slow to load

Ever since the so-called "upgrade", inbox loading is so slow & takes forever, if at all. Comcast, please address this issue!! I am seeing lots of other messages with the same problem. You can bet there are plenty more out there. They just haven't bothered to post about it & changing to other providers. If you care so much about your customers, FIX IT!!

New Poster

e-mails loading very slowly

Ever since the new web page was introduced, it just takes forever to load new e-mails.  Sometimes I get "server unavilable" notices pop up. Comcast suggested I clear the cache but it didn't really help.

The new search is awful too.  It takes much longer than the old search and I often have to try several items to get any response.

The date stamp does not coincide with my actual time anymore.

Any ideas from anyone?

New Poster

Re: e-mails loading very slowly

Chicago202 wrote:

Ever since the new web page was introduced, it just takes forever to load new e-mails.  Sometimes I get "server unavilable" notices pop up. Comcast suggested I clear the cache but it didn't really help.

The new search is awful too.  It takes much longer than the old search and I often have to try several items to get any response.

The date stamp does not coincide with my actual time anymore.

Any ideas from anyone?

I am having the same issues and the complaints to Comcast fall upon deaf ears. The old saying certain applies here, the larger a company gets the less they care. The new XFinity Connect is slow and very laggy, its bogged down with ads and logging into the service is extremely slow, sometimes taking several minutes. I personally hate the new layout, there was nothing wrong with the previous one. Why companies feel the need to change things when people are not only comfortable with it, but familiar with it, is beyond me. The date stamp on my emails is showing 1969 last year I checked and no way to change it. In the digital age when competition is so strong, it seems like Comcast is content with providing a broken service for customers to access their emails, and to think, we actually pay for this service too.

Frequent Visitor

I use several different computers to access email.  One was switched over to the new format for about a month before the others.  I noticed a severe slow down of service and hoped it would not happen to my other computers.  No such luck.  The service is terrible and I do not have the time to wait until the connection times out 3 times before I can get through to it.  Looking at other options and this complaint has been around for a long time with no action from Comcast.  They must be too busy collecting data on us now to listen to complaints.

New Poster

email does not load

email takes forever to load if at all

comcast or infinty

New Poster

Comcast email

Hi 

My name is Donna Sroczynski and ever since you had your updates it takes a minimum of 2 to 4 mintues longer to retrieve my email.  Whether I'm home or at work these past few days have been very stressful and it's definitely not what I would call progress.  What's up?   Hope you fix your problems soon - wishing to go back to the older version of comcast.  

Regular Visitor

Re: Email slow,slow,slow to load

Same with me.  I've called Comcast 3x to complain and neighbor did once.  The comcast phone answerers can barely speak English and seem to not recognize the comcast email problem.  They keep wanting to blame it on my computers cookies ( which I delete weekly) or on my browser, internet explorer.  My neighbor has the same problems & uses chrome & mozilla.  Comcast upper management needs to pull the plug on this new defective email product and retuirn to the one that worked just a few months ago.  Otherwise they'll lose many customers. WOW keeps soliciting me & I may drop comcast after 34 years of paying for it.

Email Expert

I'm going to sticky this thread and start merging posts to it on the same subject.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

As I have mentioned in some of the other threads, the main issue appears to be overloaded servers used to handle the webmail interface. A few weeks ago, the mail servers (which handle the actual mail) were having issues, but that doesn't seem to be the issue now. In fact, when they were having issues, the webmail would start and show the interface, but no mail or would give some sort of error. With this overload, it rarely makes it to the actual user interface. You can see it bounce through several web addresses as it authorizes and then tries to connect.

Silver Problem Solver

I'd also like to know if anyone has tried to use the webmail interface in the middle of the night (like 2AM or so). Is it nice and fast then? If so, then that increases the evidence this is an overloaded server setup.

New Poster

I was able to fix it by reseting my network settings within my Windows 10 environment.  

New Poster

try disabling IPV6 locally on your computer under network settings first.  What i did to resolve this issue was disable IPV6 from my linksys router WAN/LAN ports and just use IPV4.  Got a much better response time and loading time now

Silver Problem Solver

I've run into the same slow webmail issues, and IPv6 is disabled on this computer, and my router doesn't support it anyways.

New Poster

Can you explain what you did specifically?  I'm not sure what you mean.

Thanks.

Regular Visitor

I, too, am having the same slooooow loading issues, search function (or lack thereof!) and initially, the time zone being off.  I will address the time zone as I stumbled acrossed it in an effort to resolve other problems, e.g., no more new mail notifications, etc. - the list goes on and on and ...  Anyways, to fix the time and date of receipt, go to the Settings wheel icon next to your name in upper right corner, select Settings from pull-down, under Basic Settings category on far left - select 07:00 PDT America/Los Angeles from this pull-down menu.  

Silver Problem Solver

amcgirl1 wrote:

I, too, am having the same slooooow loading issues, search function (or lack thereof!) and initially, the time zone being off.  I will address the time zone as I stumbled acrossed it in an effort to resolve other problems, e.g., no more new mail notifications, etc. - the list goes on and on and ...  Anyways, to fix the time and date of receipt, go to the Settings wheel icon next to your name in upper right corner, select Settings from pull-down, under Basic Settings category on far left - select 07:00 PDT America/Los Angeles from this pull-down menu.  

I checked, and mine was already properly set to CDT (Chicago).

Regular Visitor

Sooo sorry - I didn't even think you could be located somewhere other than California and I told you to set your time zone for my area!  Sorry your receipt time is still not working even when properly set.  Hope Comcast/Xfinity can figure it out for you!  Good luck!

New Poster

Email slower than ever

I can't believe Comcast considers the new email an upgrade.   It takes forever to open emails and I can't stand the email that comes in every time I log in with my phone.   I was told by the genius in customer service that this function can not be turned off and it is a new security measure Comcast has implemented.     Once I update all of my personal contacts and business accounts with a non Comcast email address I will be dropping Comcast all together.

Contributor

Same problem with new email format...worthless

won't load

search is almost worthless

Regular Visitor

Same problem with me too.  Any fixes or updates to this?

I also believe comcast has taken away the user ability to shut off the public wifi hot spot.  I have called many times & it keeps on mysteriously turning back on in the middle of the night.  I know....switch to another provider or get my own router.  

Regular Visitor

How do I do this, reset my enviroment? I also have windows 10.

Frequent Visitor

I agree the new email format takes a lot longer to load, search, view an attachment...Today I am having trouble getting it to load at all.  I am not pleased, comcast.

Official Employee

Hello all,

Thank you for providing the feedback.  I will be sure to pass this along to the team. We are constantly working to improve our services and products.

At the same time if you are having issues with accessing your inbox or send/receive emails, please open a separate thread or private message me. 

Thank you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Contributor

Ella,

I've reported this as well (via calls) often..  There is a logical explanation here, and it is in Comcast's court.  Almost no one had speed issues with the old server.  Ever since the swap to the new server, the speed is pathetically slow compared to gmail servers, even AOL mail service.  There is no reason in this day and age for this type of delay in email loading.  Once loaded it is OK, but the load process is just unacceptable.  There is nothing wrong with my cache, my machine, my router, IPv4 vs. IPv6, etc.  Every other page loads instantly be that web browsing or email on other servers.  This ALL started with the new system at Comcast and continues to this day and has not improved one iota.  Time to stop ignoring ALL the "my email is slow" threads and fix it.  We pay dearly in many cases for Comcast/X1 services and the internet is excellent with the exception of this one very poor service being provided to us.

Appreciate your being here and answering, but as some have said, it seems to be falling on deaf ears...

Regular Visitor

Ella, not sure if the 'JaySinCT' 05-11-17 post was sent directly to you and/or if you will be looking back at this thread, so I am 'replying' directly to your 05-10-17 post.  This thread topic is only one of many similarly titled threads regarding the new E-Mail system that took place a couple months ago.  Coupled with the, I am sure, NUMEROUS calls Comcast customers have made (and I am one of them), I am sure Comcast is well aware of the numerous issues - and I am appalled (at best) Comcast has released such an inferior E-Mail product, in the first place, and has not made improvements/corrected the abominable problems by now, much less communicated with its customers (or have reasonable answers when calling in to Customer Service - which is an exercise in futility)!  I will not take any more time to list the numerous issues, Comcast should know them well by now - but will someone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE either go back to the previous E-Mail system (which worked just fine), OR, fix the inferior new E-Mail system - AND - communicate with your customers!!!  

New Poster

YEP!! It really really is 'lowsy' loading. Oops I used the vacuum word and it would not post!  Really?!?!

New Poster

Ella,

I for one am soooo tired of the slooooow email loading since the upgrade. The app seems to be okay, but the web interface is pathetic. I have stopped using my comcast email due to the on-going frustration. Hopefully it will get better really really soon.