Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email sign in notification

Regular Contributor

Email sign in notification

Everytime I sign in I get an email asking me, Did I Sign in? Where do I go to stop this from happening?

Thanks

Email Expert

Re: Email sign in notification

This is a newer security feature.  The emails are triggered whenever certain circumstances obtain:

1)  You cleared cache and browsing history and then signed in again,

2)  You shut down the computer/device and then signed in again,

3)  You are using a browser that you have not used before,

4)  You are using a computer/device you have not used before.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Where do I go to stop this from happening?

Contributor

No, it happens everytimr you go to your email, even if cache and cookies are cleared.  This has been going on since march 15th, security assurance has promised me calls back, never come.  Very very disappointed as 27 yr customer, you do not have to sign out, every time you go to your e-mail, this xfinity sign in e-mail comes to inbox.  Very unprofessional to promise calls for 2 weeks and no one calls.  So disappointed, very...

Service Expert

Bass7river wrote:

No, it happens everytimr you go to your email, even if cache and cookies are cleared.  This has been going on since march 15th, security assurance has promised me calls back, never come.  Very very disappointed as 27 yr customer, you do not have to sign out, every time you go to your e-mail, this xfinity sign in e-mail comes to inbox.  Very unprofessional to promise calls for 2 weeks and no one calls.  So disappointed, very...

I use Firefox exclusively.  A week ago I decided to set up Private browsing just to check it out.  While I had that set I would always get the security notification when signing in to my account, for either email or here in the forums.  Reason?  Although I had a cookie exception set, Private browsing ignored the cookie.  Once I reset Firefox out of Private browsing, I stopped getting the notification.

Just now tried Internet Explorer 11.  In my Options I had long ago set xfinity.com as a cookie exception.  However, when I signed into email, I got the security notification email.  Hmmmm....  So then I set a cookie exception using my email page URL.  Voila!  No security notification email.

So, the annoying email is due to a lack of a cookie exception for signing in, either to the homepage or to email.  This means that you will have to set an exception for webmail in your browser options.  That should remove the annoying notification email.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you but still very annoyed as it is comcast issue and thank you soo much....