Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email sending disabled?

New Poster

Email sending disabled?

It looks like my comcast.net email account got hijacked today and a bunch of spam got sent out from my account.  I received about 60 dead account noticiations in a short period of time suggesting this.  Now I can receive email at this account, but cannot send email.  I'm guessing my account sending got turned off to block the spam.  Does anyone know how I can get sending reenabled on my account assuming the attack has stopped?

Dave

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email sending disabled?

Please look in your Sent Fooder, do you see the spam emails there?  If yes, immediately change your password and secret question.  On the homepage, scroll down to Quick Links and click on Reset password.  Make sure your password contains upper and lower case letters, numbers, and a couple of characters.

Spammers usually move on to using a different email address quickly..If that is what has

happened to you.  

I am assuming you are only using Xfinity Connect for email?  If you use any other email programs, a smartphone, or tablet...make sure you match them to the NEW password as well.

Also, you can also call Comcast Security Assurance for addition help.

Comcast Customer Security Assurance: 1-888-565-4329 (7 days a week from 6AM to 2PM ET), http://security.comcast.net/get-help/contact-comca​st-security.aspx.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.