Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email preview pane removed???

New Poster

Email preview pane removed???

It appears that a very crucial feature has been eliminated. Any good online email service has a preview pane option with a email list pane. Gmail the least of all has a preveiw pane. Comcast developers really dropped the ball. However, the developers were probably just following very poor direction from management. Gmail is a very basic quality online email access has a preview pane. Exceeding that level of quality should be a well within budget and customer expectations.

FIX IT!!

Email Expert

Re: Email preview pane removed???

What preview pane are you referring to?  When looking at the Inbox you should be able to see the first few words of the title of the message in the list.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am also looking for the preview pane and it was previously available whereby you could see the first few LINES of the email content to help you discern if it was spam or a legimate message from someone you know.  In this environment it is a very crucial feature.  Please let me know how to turn on the preview email message pane.

Email Expert

churchlady2 wrote:

I am also looking for the preview pane and it was previously available whereby you could see the first few LINES of the email content to help you discern if it was spam or a legimate message from someone you know.  In this environment it is a very crucial feature.  Please let me know how to turn on the preview email message pane.

The old format had the feature in the Preferences.  The new format does not have it.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

Latoque wrote:

churchlady2 wrote:

The old format had the feature in the Preferences.  The new format does not have it.

Latoque, since I'm just learning this new version, wouldn't the Preview Pane be under View/Horizontal or Vertical?  I have never used a Preview Pane in any client I've used, so I'm not sure what it should look like.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

Again wrote:

Latoque wrote:

churchlady2 wrote:

Latoque, since I'm just learning this new version, wouldn't the Preview Pane be under View/Horizontal or Vertical?  I have never used a Preview Pane in any client I've used, so I'm not sure what it should look like.

I'm not really sure what the OP meant by a preview "pane".  The feature in the old format is found under Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>Reading Email.  it looked like this, and once you enabled that, and then hovered the mouse pointer over a message in the Inbox it would display the title of the message plus a portion of the first line or so of the body of the email.  The new Appsuite software does not have this functionality-------------

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 8.29.22 PM.jpg

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

If you select Horizontal or Vertical in the View drop down in the upper right you will get your preview pane.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation