Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email not working since 12/18

New Poster

Email not working since 12/18

Anyone else having a problem getting email? Getting error cannot get mail. IMAP.comcast.net is not responding 

Contributor

Re: Email not working since 12/18

Many of us are, and comcast isn't doing anything about it.  I started a thread about it Sunday night asking for the updated server information.  Yesterday I called comcast and was given the same information that's online.  Customer service is blaming outlook, which is the lazy thing to do.  There is clearly a problem on their end that they're not addressing. 

Frequent Visitor

It's odd that Outlook is the problem, since I have it on both outlook (Windows 10), and Gmail (Android), both of worked fine prior to Friday.

New Poster

I am unable to read email on my iPhone mail app, on the comcast mail web site (Zimbra I believe) as well as on outlook on my home network or on my cell carrier.

I can log in and can see headers on platforms (device, app, and network) that previously read email. but can not receive new email or read old emails.

On outlook (which I JUST set up to test what is wrong) I can login and see the names of my folders and subfolders but cannot see any email in the inbox or any other folder.

I am in the York PA region and the last email header downloaded to my phone was at 4:24pm.

This is NOT affecting my ability to read/send email on my gmail account on the same platforms.

New Poster

Less than 2 minutes after posting my issue, mail returned to normal.

New Poster

I was having issues since 12/18 without making any changes to my settings on my mobile device:  not being able to receive and/or send new e-mails.  After reading many postings online, there were 2 suggestions that I kept seeing:  1) re-entering both your username and password in the incoming and outgoing host servers or 2) deleting or removing the old email account and then setting it up again.  I did the first and now I am able to receive and send new emails.  Each time I re-entered my username and passwork, my device went through a verification process.  It did the trick.  I hope this helps.

New Poster

Same here
Contributor

having problems with email for a while now - since the 'new' format months ago.  getting worse lately, esp the last 2 weeks.....hubby sends me emails and I NEVER receive them - some times I do, then it'll go for hours without receiving any....sooo frustrating...any fixes????

Admin1

Hi JoviFan -- We had a national issue with our email platform yesterday. This has now been resolved. We are currently dealing with some residual fallout from this issue. We appreciate your patience while we get this fully resolved. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon