Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email not showing on multiple devices.

Visitor

Email not showing on multiple devices.

We have multiple devices that normally all receive emails using the same account. Now it seems if an email gets deleted on one device it does not show up on the others if their email wasn't active prior to the deletion.

Email Expert

Re: Email not showing on multiple devices.

If the account is enabled on all of the devices using IMAP, everything should be synced.  Anything you do to an email on one of them should be reflected on all the others too.  Does the deletion show up after waiting a while to check again?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Visitor

No, the deletion shows up right away when the others device's email is brought up. I guess my real question is how do I un-sync these devices as far as email goes as I want all email to be able to download to each device without the devices stepping on each other.

Email Expert

There are only two email protocols you can use when accessing your account with any kind of client, including smartphones, tablets or desktop clients like Thunderbird or Outlook--------POP3 and IMAP.  As I described above, with IMAP everything is synced.  That only leaves POP3.  You could set up each device with POP, but understand that you need to make sure each one is set to leave a copy of messages on the server.  Also, POP only works on the Inbox folder-----nothing else.  IMAP is by far the better of the two for accessing email from more than one computer or other device.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Visitor

I changed my laptop to POP (the other 2 devices were already POP). It seems to work exactly the way I want now. Thank you very much.