Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email not secure with new format?? No "back" function on emails?

New Poster

Email not secure with new format?? No "back" function on emails?

Why did comcast change our email?  It is not user friendly!!!  Back button will not work after you open an email!  I either have to delete email or go all the way back and reopen email instead of just hitting back button.

Also, there is a red triangle in address bar that says "not secure " and directly after that this is what is says in address bar but the "https" is red-lined through:

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&folder=default0/INBOX

Email Expert

Re: Email not secure with new format?? No "back" function on emails?

What "Back" button are you referring to?  Something in your browser or what?  There is no back button in either the old or new email format in Comcast.  Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I mean when I open an email then I want to go back to my email page with the back arrow and it wont let me go bqack.  So I end up going to place where I have to click on "envelope" to get back to my emails.

Email Expert

trinespoj22 wrote:

I mean when I open an email then I want to go back to my email page with the back arrow and it wont let me go bqack.  So I end up going to place where I have to click on "envelope" to get back to my emails.

What you are describing is a function of whatever browser you are using.  Not the email software.  Try doing what I posted upthread and see if it helps.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I too am having a lot of trouble with this new, awful, slow, faded confusing format.  I have asked them to restore the old one back since it was great but they refused.  They have absolutely no conception of the monster they have created here.  For me, every time I try to send an e-mail, or forward an e-mail, the "Attachment" file appears and if I had not seen it before I pressed the "send" button, the recipient of the e-mail would have received all my desk top items, including private files, all software, etc.  I couldn't get any help from Comcast-via "Chat" or via telephone.  All I did was get frustrated and scream at the Comcast employee who couldn't even understand English.  Comcast, I am beginning to detest you.  You are making me sick!  Get on the ball or we are all going to drop you!

Email Expert

BZ5 wrote:

I too am having a lot of trouble with this new, awful, slow, faded confusing format.  I have asked them to restore the old one back since it was great but they refused.  They have absolutely no conception of the monster they have created here.  For me, every time I try to send an e-mail, or forward an e-mail, the "Attachment" file appears and if I had not seen it before I pressed the "send" button, the recipient of the e-mail would have received all my desk top items, including private files, all software, etc.  I couldn't get any help from Comcast-via "Chat" or via telephone.  All I did was get frustrated and scream at the Comcast employee who couldn't even understand English.  Comcast, I am beginning to detest you.  You are making me sick!  Get on the ball or we are all going to drop you!

Exactly what "Attachment file" are you referring to?  The software does not have the ability to attach anything to an email by itself.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Valued Contributor

If you're using the list view, you should use the back button at the top of the email instead of the browser's back button. You can also click on the Inbox to go back.

back email.JPG

New Poster

Thanks, I will try that.  It is also showing as secure now in browser bar.