Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Email is slow and not functioning

New Poster

Email is slow and not functioning

My Comcast email account has been slowing down over the past week or so, keeps sending me error messages like this one - Error
The connection to remote server imap.email.comcast.net timed out while awaiting the response.  My typing speed has been too fast for the keyboard to show what I am typing on screen (and I am not a speed demon typist). 

What is going on with Comcast email service?  It has deteriorated significantly recently.

Contributor

Re: Email is slow and not functioning

I'm having the same problem.  Composing email is interupted by the same message.  I'm not sure if my email is sent because the only folder I can access is my inbox.  All other folders won't load.

Another frustrating situation from Comcast.

Regular Contributor

Completely hosed today. Nothing coming inbound, hanging when trying to send, can't open any other folders. I get the infamous spinning wheels.

Contributor

Early this morning I was able to call up emails.  Now I can't; spinning wheel.  I haven't received any emails in almost three hours.  In New Jersey.

"Error

We're sorry. It looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a moment."
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue as of this morning. Network error when trying to check folders & no incoming email

Regular Visitor

I, too, am having the same issues.......what's up Comcast?

New Poster

Me too. Nothing shows in the body of the messages and nothing shows in any of my folders. Did a computer reboot and a modem reboot, still the same issues

New Poster

me too

Frequent Visitor

Count me in also.  I thought it was an Outlook problem, but signing right onto the Xfinity connect mailbox is yielding the spinning weel and the "imap.email.comcast.net timed out while awaiting the response." message.  There are similar comments on isitdownrightnow website.  Annoying to say the least!

Contributor

Email not working in Dover PA since about 10:30 AM 9/20/2017 even though xfinity online troubleshooter shows no problems?

Regular Visitor

So I guess the next question is, does Comcast look at these forums to try and resolve issues that are obviously affecting many users?  

Contributor

jean3517 wrote:

So I guess the next question is, does Comcast look at these forums to try and resolve issues that are obviously affecting many users?  

You pose a very important question.  In the meantime, we're paying for a service that doesn't work.

Contributor

I just tried using Chrome to access my Comcast Email.  I can view all my folders and contents with Chrome.  I can also send email.  

I don't know if I'm missing emails sent to me at this time.

However, sending emails and loading folders is SLOW.

Contributor

No Inbox Received email coming in, no Sent emails going out.

Customers calling me annoyed at non-response from me, but thank goodness they did or I would not have known Comcast email was not working at all today.

I deleted cookies/temp, I rebooted, I reset modem, I tried a different browser... nothing works. 

Long wait on Help chat, phone help still on hold.

New Poster

I am totally unable to access my email accounts!  After very slow sign-in the page sits at an open calendar (which I never use) and when click on email I continue to get error messages.  Cannot even get pushed through "comcast.login" on browser.

With all these documented issues where are you Comcast??  We need assistance..... 

New Poster

Rep just told me they expect this to be resolve within... ready???... 24 business hours!  (Her comprehension of the language was terrible and I think she meant 24 hours, not 24 business hours.  Either way... WHAT?!?!?)  Oh, and we can't check outage alerts on the web.  We have to download the app for that.

New Poster

I'm in zip code 24502. The last incoming comcast email I received was Tuesday 9/19/17 at 4:41p. Not one email received today at all.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats