New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email is marked as Spam to any comcast.net customers

Frequent Visitor

Email is marked as Spam to any comcast.net customers

Hello

Sometime within the last year emails to all my @comcast.net clients from my business www.bonevoyagepetsitters.com have been sent to their Spam folder. They can mark it "not spam" but if I send something again it still will go into their spam folder. I have contacted comcast and filled out some forms and it is showing that my IP address is not blacklisted. Something has to be going on within comcast as this is only happening with @comcast.net clients.

As I am reading other posts it may have something to do with my URL.......

Can someone from comcast please help get this resolved?

Email Expert

Re: Email is marked as Spam to any comcast.net customers

You need to call Comcast security to get this sorted out-----------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Latoque

I have been reading from others with the same problem that the customer support line will just have us fill out the same form we have already filled out to check the IP address. That is not the issue. I am hoping like some of the others,  a comcast employee will see my thread and help and fix the problem like they did with others. I am not really sure how to connect with one on my own.

Official Employee

It looks like your server may be compromised, and has been emitting spam.  Is that something you can check?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I need some clarification about which server you might mean. I was having this problem, with my emails being labeled spam at Comcast, when both my website and my mail server were hosted at Visi.com. Because I suspected the management of the server there might be the issue, I moved my mail and it is now hosted at Google Apps, and has been for a month. Unfortunately the problem of my emails being labeled at spam for my comcast customers, followed me from Visi to Google Apps. I am involved with a community organization that has their email hosted at google apps, as well as other businesses, and they are not having this issue. (I moved my website hosting to WP Engine if it is relevant.)

Is it possible that my URL, bonevoyagepetsitters.com, is still associated with a problem server at Visi even though I am no longer hosted there? I’m hoping this might be the case and that you can sever the tie since I no longer use it.

I did work with google apps on this issue first for a period of time, and they believe everything is good at their end and suggested I was going to have to work with comcast. Clearly I don’t have the ability to investigate anything on the servers at google apps myself. But I would be happy to contact them again if there is a specific server issue I could address with them.

The other thing I was wondering about is whether this issue could be related to the fact that I send Quickbooks invoices to my clients. I know there’s a lot of spam these days masquerading as quickbooks invoices. In fact, when this problem first began, I worked around it by sending invoices from my personal email at Me.com, an apple server, and then began having the same problems at comcast with my personal email address.

BTW, I have also checked my personal computer, a Mac, for viruses/adware/spyware and it came out clean. I never send out newsletters, only one-on-one emails to clients. I have added SPF and DKIM records at google apps.

Truly hoping you can help me solve this riddle because my comcast clients are very frustrated with me and I have lost new clients because of this issue. Thank you so much for taking me seriously and responding.

Official Employee

The server was 240.236.12.244, and that was tied to your domain, and to the spam from that IP.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I don’t believe I any longer have any association with that IP address so I hope you can remove that association to my url bonevoyagepetsitters.com. When I do a reverse IP lookup it shows up as a private IP address.

My website is hosted at the IP address: 45.33.2.135 at wpengine.com

Google says that the google apps server IP address are:
64.18.0.0/20
64.233.160.0/19
66.102.0.0/20
66.249.80.0/20
72.14.192.0/18
74.125.0.0/16
108.177.8.0/21
173.194.0.0/16
207.126.144.0/20
209.85.128.0/17
216.58.192.0/19
216.239.32.0/19
2001:4860:4000::/36
2404:6800:4000::/36
2607:f8b0:4000::/36
2800:3f0:4000::/36
2a00:1450:4000::/36
2c0f:fb50:4000::/36

My home computer network is hosted through comcast, so it should not be associated with an IP that you have blacklisted.

Official Employee

I've put in the request to remedy this, and I'm trying to get this expedited. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I am so thankful for all that you are doing!!! I just sent you more info from a friend of mine that has been trying to help me with this for awhile!

Frequent Visitor

It's Fixed!!!