Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email is crazy messed up since the "upgrade"

New Poster

Email is crazy messed up since the "upgrade"

Its like a box of chocolates since the recent upgrade, and from any computer. Sometimes my personal folders are there, sometimes they go away somewhere. Worse are the annoyances like:

• Watching the dots. Email may open in a few minutes or maybe not at all.
  • Open an email and no body to the email, just the name of the sender
  • Email crashes (screen freezes). These seem (fingers crossed) to happening less.
  • The missing folder trick. Now you see them, next time you may not. Very scary to think all saved emails may exit to cyber space for good.

I called support and they said they would have to "escalate" my support request. That was a week ago. Hopefully that tier of support hasn't gone to wherever my personal folders go to now and then. Can someone check in on them and see if they are still there?

This happens on all of my machines at home and at work, so don't get hung up on the support-ish bullit points i.e. "what operating system and browser are you using". There are quite a variety I'm using and the aforementioned annoyances are common place on all.

Sorry for being snarky, but I've got a bunch of emails to read, but they ain't got no bodies.

Hate to complian without giving a resolution, how about, put it back the way it was, and send the Einstein that upgraded Comcast Email back to the fast food industry. There are floors that need to be mopped!

So, wha zup?!

Rich F.

New Poster

Re: Email is crazy messed up since the "upgrade"

WE TOTALLY AGREE!!!!!!! This, among the last couple "New and Improved" email changes is even worse - we did not think that was possible!!!!!!!!!!  For example: Attach a document to your outgoing email.  One cannot even look at the attachment to make sure that is the actual document you want to send?!!!  What a terrible system. 

Then this name issue:  is it Comcast or is the company Xfinity and who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It just makes it so confusing, but to their credit, you can be wanting to blame the email on Comcast and the real culprit is their Xfinity side of the team, it is a stupid and confusing name issue they need to knock it off.

I know we NEVER are asked IF we want any changes, OR if the proposed "New" changes would be what we even want, this darn company has to just keep changing. 

If we could take our email with us, since we have their darn name on all of our documents, emails, etc., and go to ANY OTHER PROVIDER, even if it cost more we would instantly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even writing this is probably a complete waste of time, they don't care, can't contact anyone with the authority who does and they like hiding that way from us subscribers I am sure!!!!!

Regular Contributor

The so-called support for the latest "crazy messed up" (I like that description, but I am going to use another word vs. "messed") latest webmail and ios app is almost non-existent. If I was part of a team that released this buggy a piece of software, I'd be out of a job. Wait, this is 2017, and there really is no such thing as "quality conrtol" - give to lowest bidder, likely over in India (as I have talked to their support people countless times, with mixed results). The dozens of issues reported are not being fixed. I don't see the replies in forums like I used to, either from other users or from Comcast. Thank goodness for experts like   and a few others. I'd like to see more Comcast employees helping out on the forums.

The corporate line is that email is "a free service which comes along with your internet". Don't try asking for a credit on your bill if your internet service is working fine (which it is for me).

You can do better.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem the new e-mail is slicker but slower than _ _ _ _ !!!!!!

New Poster

All of my emails from 2017 are "missing" from the Xfinity portal since the server upgrade.  I can only view my emails from March 30 through today.  Was chatting with 3 Xfinity support personnel yesterday who assured me that my request was escalated and I would be contacted within 24 hours.  Still waiting.

Comcast needs to send out some form of communication to their customers.

Frequent Visitor

Well-said Rich!