Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email is Disappearing

Contributor

Email is Disappearing

Since the issue of no e-mail was supposed to be fixed yesterday, I am having strange issues with e-mail.  I keep getting duplicates of e-mail in Outlook. However, the bigger problem is that e-mail just disappears when I access the webmail online.  The e-mail will be there and then a few minutes later, it totally disappears.  I have Outlook set up to be a POP account but it is acting like an IMAP.  After the e-mail shows up in Outlook, I go back to webmail and it is gone. It is not in the trash and it is nowhere else. Just totally disappears.  I have checked and double checked and ALL of my devices and Outlook are set up to be POP as I do NOT like IMAP.  My husband is complaining that on his account when he moves mail into a "saved email folder", it will then totally disappear also. His Iphone is set up to be IMAP but the email should not disappear when he moves it into another folder.  I also deleted a ton of e-mail this morning from Outlook only to have it show up once again and had to delete it a second time.  What is happening with e-mail??? I do not want my email disappearing.

Problem Solver

Re: Email is Disappearing

BuckyKatt wrote:

Since the issue of no e-mail was supposed to be fixed yesterday, I am having strange issues with e-mail.  I keep getting duplicates of e-mail in Outlook. However, the bigger problem is that e-mail just disappears when I access the webmail online.  The e-mail will be there and then a few minutes later, it totally disappears.  I have Outlook set up to be a POP account but it is acting like an IMAP.  After the e-mail shows up in Outlook, I go back to webmail and it is gone. It is not in the trash and it is nowhere else. Just totally disappears.  I have checked and double checked and ALL of my devices and Outlook are set up to be POP as I do NOT like IMAP.  My husband is complaining that on his account when he moves mail into a "saved email folder", it will then totally disappear also. His Iphone is set up to be IMAP but the email should not disappear when he moves it into another folder.  I also deleted a ton of e-mail this morning from Outlook only to have it show up once again and had to delete it a second time.  What is happening with e-mail??? I do not want my email disappearing.

Which browser are you using? Have you tried MS help?

Contributor

I'm using Google Chrome.  Problem just started happening today. Have not tried MS help as I believe this to be a Comcast issue.

Contributor

After doing some research, it would appear as though it is a Microsoft Office 365 issue that is causing e-mails to disappear and duplicate.  They say they are aware of the issue and are working on it.  So doesn't appear to be a Comcast issue afterall!

Problem Solver

BuckyKatt wrote:

After doing some research, it would appear as though it is a Microsoft Office 365 issue that is causing e-mails to disappear and duplicate.  They say they are aware of the issue and are working on it.  So doesn't appear to be a Comcast issue afterall!

I found many others on MS site also having same issue. Hopefully they will get it sorted out soon. Good luck!

Contributor

I sure hope they get it fixed soon.  I've stopped using Outlook until they do because I'm tired of having to delete 500 emails constantly throughout the day!