Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Email groups created from text files.

New Poster

Email groups created from text files.

The old system allowed me to paste a list of email addresses into the "to" field.  This list could be from an easily edited spreadsheet or text file, which I needed.  The new system apparently will not allow that.  How can I do this?  Can a "group" be created from a text file?  The email addresses I mail to are not necessarily in my contacts.

Tags (2)
Email Expert

Re: Email groups created from text files.

I'm on a Mac.  I just tried putting addresses into the To: line that I had typed out in Text Edit, and a Pages document (equivalent of windows Notepad and Word),  I typed them all out separating them with commas.  They worked just fine, and I was able to paste them into the To: field.  Where are you trying to copy the addresses from?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I receive a list of email addresses in a roster spreadsheet for an organization I belong to.  On the  old system, i just copied the entire column and pasted it into the BCC field.  That no longer works - only the first address is pasted in.  I did the addresses/commas method, which worked, but that's ridiculously tedious compared to the old system, as I have to write everything in.

I can make the spreadsheet into a CSV file.  Can I import that into a group, and perhaps use that?

Email Expert

I have no experience with spreadsheet programs.  But if you can export it as a .csv file to your computer, maybe you could import it into the Comcast address book.  But if you can, it would be all or nothing-------I don't think there is any way to put them into a group folder without first putting them into the address book.  Then you would have to create the group and put them in the usual way.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon